6.7l

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Hi Scott....

So how many times have you found that you signal to change lanes but forget the signal is still going.... For those who dont know there is no longer a mechanical turn signal switch, its a digital switch, it cancels when you make a turn ... but there is no hold it while you change lane feature... at least not that on the one I drove that I could tell. Power wise it seems equal to what I have now... for the benchmark, I have an up hill aprox 1/8 mile on ramp. Eli hill for those who are Familiar with Sumner WA. From the base My truck will hit 81 mph to the end of the gore point, the new SD I drove was at 79. if you factor in any room for error I'd say a fairly even match for power. But as this is a base line for this truck and mine is IMO maxed for reliable power for pulling my 37' 5er there is lots of room to grow. The one bummer thing and again IMO, no more manuals.... hand shaker days are over. And yea Scott is rite..... lots more plastic crap under the hood with magical powers that only the Wizards from ford know the purpose of.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
The turn signal was something to get use to. There is a detent between the lane change (3 blinks) and the turn signal. The hardest thing was realizing that the stalk returned to center and the signal continues to signal until the turn is complete or you actuate the signal again.

For those looking at getting a new truck I highly recommend sync. Hands free phone built in is the way state laws are going regarding cell phone use. The USB port is nice for music as well.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I highly recommend sync. Hands free phone built in is the way state laws are going regarding cell phone use. The USB port is nice for music as well.
HIJACK

Oh yes
the sync is awesome it can control climate, all media, phone , nav, etc etc

i really like in the 150, plus in NM the voice actually sounds like it has a lation accent saying RIO Grande...:D

now back to your regularly scheduled 6.7 issue

odalith

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
With the radio on and windows up you don't hear any enigine or road noise. That will change soon when I get an aFe intake and some different tires.

I'm curious if you installed the AFE intake?

If so, did you have to modify the exhaust? I'm under the impression you can't increase intake very much without increasing exhaust.

Also, just out of curiosity, how did you determine the stock intake was inadequate or that there was room for improvement?

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I haven't got one yet but it will be the next mod. There is a huge silencer on the intake that will be removed when the aFe gets installed. No need to modify the exhaust. Right now there are only DPF back kits available. DPF pipes are available but there is no tuning ready to support them.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my pallet of "DEF" last week, you answered my question about usage. Thank you sir, enjoy your new truck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58