SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for a manual to guide me thru all this fun

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Forgot to reply to the last part, i lived in indianola for quite a while, not much out that way haha

Sure is a small world. When did you live in Indianola? I lived in Jamaica from 74 to 92,and moved to the Indy area when I graduated from Jamaica to go to ITT. I've been here since. Mom and Dad still live in Jamaica, and one day, we plan to move back.

samgoto96

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree with the above pull both heads and get them checked out at a machine shop. They should charge you around 4 to $500 to clean, inspect, and deck both heads.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Neura

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would tend to agree.. own a bunch of 7.3's get heads done.. while your at it something had to be causing the overheat so inspect the injector cups.. it may have been pushing compression into the cooling system..

kcarpenter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to start on it this weekend,
Anybody know if a leak in the degas bottle would cause it to get hot only when driving like the po described?
I know some engines are more sensitive to lack of pressure in the cooling sustem than others, when removing it the line coming off the drivers side i noticed it was loose and caked in silicone, pulled it right off. No way it was holding any pressure.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'd say pull the right head,and send the heads out to a machine shop and at least have them hot-tanked & inspected.. some of the later heads did crack, but FWIW, there are butt-tons of used, bare and rebuilt heads out there.

kcarpenter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'd say pull the right head,and send the heads out to a machine shop and at least have them hot-tanked & inspected.. some of the later heads did crack, but FWIW, there are butt-tons of used, bare and rebuilt heads out there.
I know where im going with that, im just curious if anyone has any experince with a degas bottle that wasnt holding pressure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58