93 non turbo or keep looking?

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep idi's are cool and slow, I would not trade your f-150 for that truck. looks like an old work truck, notice the 80's bed on it. If you want a diesel just start saving you pennies and find a truck you love

atvrider93

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ya, thats what I'll do. it would be nice if there were more pennies coming in to save though. I found another truck. everything about it is really nice except its 2wd and 4wd is pretty much a must

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yep idi's are cool and slow, I would not trade your f-150 for that truck. looks like an old work truck, notice the 80's bed on it. If you want a diesel just start saving you pennies and find a truck you love

The bed on the Yellow truck is the proper bed for that truck. Where do you see this 80"s bed?

Dave

altered

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
atvrider,

I've had three different generation diesel's, I had a 96 powerstroke, a 92 7.3idi, and now a 02 7.3 turbo powerstroke. The 92 idi on a good day would get around 15mpg's not pulling anything and keeping your speed down on highway driving. There is no intake for it because it has a set up like a carburetor where the air filter sits on top of the intake plentium. That was pre obd - 2 port so you can't get your typical programmer, ( not sure about a chip), you could do a turbo but you'll need to change out the manifolds. In short it looks like a nice project truck ( put I'd try to get the price down a bit) but dollar for dollar I think your 150 is much nicer.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The '92 and '93 engines are totally mechanical, so there is no electronics to chip. Can't be done.

Dave

atvrider93

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
1995 ford f250 king cab p-up truck, great condition recently rebuilt transmission, runs like a top

2900.00 firm

f2501995.jpg

this guy has said he would trade also. but I cant figure out why it would be $2900 in the first place

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bed on the Yellow truck is the proper bed for that truck. Where do you see this 80"s bed?

Dave

Look at the body lines above the wheel wells they are different, That bed is off a 86 or older truck, the beds are the same between the body styles other than that crease over the rear tires.
And i say again thats an 80's ford bed i would put money on it!!

atvrider93

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
this one looks nice but I have been looking for one with more like 200000 miles but just don't know if this with 300K would be ok. it looks pretty nice in the pictures, so no big damage I can see

2001 F-250 Super Duty Power Stroke Diesel 4X4 .This truck has been a fleet vehicle with regular maintenance. It has 300,000 mostly hiway miles. It is white in color and has an extended cab,towing package, 3 tool boxes, pipe rack, locking hubs. It has some blemishes (taken into consideration).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58