"A" Code rear springs

Fords4Me

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just found a complete set-up for a great price from a guy who had his f-250 lifted a couple of years ago, and his wife was on him to clean the garage.

The spring code on the truck is VA. And he has it all, blocks, bolts, track bar, everything.

Super pleased to get a pair of the V codes for the front. Seems everyone wants these or the X codes.

What i need help with is the A codes. I've searched and searched, and I can find info on guys going to the B codes, but what about the A's? Seems as though the spring is rated for more weight, but has a lower spring rate.

Is anyone here running the rear A codes? Will I end up with more capacity but a lowered rear. Any input is very welcome.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Here's a Thread where one of our members did a VB swap that might have some information to absorb:sweet

I hear the B codes ride better than the A's if ride quality is questioned.

CHP

Fords4Me

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm more concerned with the rear sitting a little low due to the different spring rate even though the "A's" are a higher weight rated spring than stock, the spring rate is lower. Does anyone with the "B's" think the "A's" would be too soft or sag?

Thanx.

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
My sheet shows that the F350 comes standard with the A code then the B & C codes as options.

Fords4Me

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
My sheet shows that the F350 comes standard with the A code then the B & C codes as options.

I could be super duty way off base here, but check out page 64:
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2002/fsersdcd.pdf

These came off a '02 f250, SPG VA. I think these are as good as a f350's. Please stop me if I'm wrong. It's a lot of work involved just to then have to fix what I might do and not be happy with.

CHP, did you NEED the 4" blocks? Is that because you kept the stock rears?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I went with the F350 blocks due to a friend had a set in his shop for me so we put em on. The stock springs over-rested in due to lotta early towing so the blocks was the quick fix height wise but I hope to get actual B codes for the rear in the near future :sweet

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg