"A" Code rear springs

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Fords4Me said:
Thanks. Sure hope I don't wind up with that "nose-up" look.
About a year after the V codes went on and we towed the front was a notch higher than the rear axle so the blocks had to be done to regain the rake.

Fords4Me

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
About a year after the V codes went on and we towed the front was a notch higher than the rear axle so the blocks had to be done to regain the rake.

Are those the stock rear springs there CHP? I believe the A's will get me 1.5"-2.0" empty.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Yes I'm running with stock rear springs and either A or B codes will bring it back up to snuff:cool:

Fords4Me

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Yes I'm running with stock rear springs and either A or B codes will bring it back up to snuff:cool:

I'm a little slow, so please bare with me. Does this mean you believe when you go to A springs you will remove the blocks and be where you want to be?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Yes I'll be removing the tall blocks when the B codes go in as the ride height will be normal/better than original again.

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder Bill, If I get a set of 4" rear springs(no blocks), and the X-codes for the front I wonder if it would look ok and have the same functionality. I know Scott (Birdman 127) put some 6" springs on his, but I dont remember what he had prior to the lift?
Oh, and I will probably be going to a dual shock set up in the front...
But I think the B codes will do the trick just fine-your opinion?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
With the spring upgrades and all you're looking into doing are you trying to get additional clearance for a oversized tire/wheel combo soon and if so what you going with?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Fords4Me said:
New BFG AT/KO 285s now. I just want stability and suspension travel. I would like to make it into what ford should have.
On an Excursion a set of V's will be more than enough travel room for 285 TKO's:sweet

Fords4Me

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
On an Excursion a set of V's will be more than enough travel room for 285 TKO's:sweet
Right, I'm just trying to find out all I can about the rear A codes I got before I get out the wrenches.

Somewhere on some board there was a guy who did the As, and later went to Bs. I have searched for 3 weeks and can't find it. My big question: why switch?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg