"A" Code rear springs

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I know the B's have around 700-750 lb higher capacity and possible to get a little more clearance over the A's.

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the reason for wanting the stiffer springs for mine. I am planning on towing a 26+ ft boat, with the weight it will be around 10K loaded! That is the reason for my spring work.

Fords4Me

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Welp, finally got 'r done. Went with the rough country 2" add-a-leaf and lost the rear block and put the f250 overload seperator block in it's place(tapered 1")

The front went up almost 3" and the rear about 3.5".

No more need for the traction bars, and the "rear-steer" is a thing of the past. I wish I could have gotten to it sooner. This was by far the best mod to date.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Fords4Me said:
Welp, finally got 'r done. Went with the rough country 2" add-a-leaf and lost the rear block and put the f250 overload seperator block in it's place(tapered 1")

The front went up almost 3" and the rear about 3.5".

No more need for the traction bars, and the "rear-steer" is a thing of the past. I wish I could have gotten to it sooner. This was by far the best mod to date.
Can you snap some photos to show off? I'm interested in the front add-a-leafs or leveling kit,where'd you pick up your rough country's at?:cool:

Fords4Me

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Can you snap some photos to show off? I'm interested in the front add-a-leafs or leveling kit,where'd you pick up your rough country's at?:cool:
Sure, give me a few days though.

The add-a-leafs were in the rear only. Plain old V codes in the front for the 2"s.:thumbs
Got them locally at a 4wd shop.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Oh okay you add a leafed the rear axle,I gotchya:sweet

The heavy weight of the tank front bumper has rested my front V codes 1"-1.5" which is pretty close to how the Excursion was with the D codes so a leveling kit is in the plans:cool:

Fords4Me

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Or if you can manage to scratch up a pait of X codes.

You were looking at loosing the 4" block out back, did you ever get to it?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
In my opinion I think the X codes although would accomplish the desired height and front axle capacity but might be overkill for us:D

We'll be keeping the F350 blocks till the fundage for A codes come abouts but unsure if they'll be compatible with the installation of Radius Rods.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Thanks for the R-rod confirmation:sweet

I'd like to test drive an Excursion with the X codes to see if they'd fit the wife and I's ride quality bill ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg