AC Mod

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Alright I've saw somethin on an ac mod for my 99 psd. I cant find anything on it other than I know I need to buy a shut off valve. I didnt see anything in the wiki about an ac mod except for the excursions. Can anyone point me in the right direction or show pics of what hoses to do. I could probably figure it out. What valve do I use. Its freakin hot out!:rant

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I've saw somethin on an ac mod for my 99 psd. I cant find anything on it other than I know I need to buy a shut off valve. I didnt see anything in the wiki about an ac mod except for the excursions. Can anyone point me in the right direction or show pics of what hoses to do. I could probably figure it out. What valve do I use. Its freakin hot out!:rant

If you go to www.dieselsite.com there's a Kit to do the Mod.. and a good write-up and instructions about it.

You might also do Search for: Heater Core by-pass. there was a recent thread about it... with what it's all about.

Joe

Good Mod to do.. in the "HEAT DOME" yer in back there.;):)

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
If you go to www.dieselsite.com there's a Kit to do the Mod.. and a good write-up and instructions about it.

You might also do Search for: Heater Core by-pass. there was a recent thread about it... with what it's all about.

Joe

Good Mod to do.. in the "HEAT DOME" yer in back there.;):)

Yea I remember you mentioned about this mod to do since I was havin other probs. My ac works great but would def work better with this mod. I will check it out. We broke a record today for heat. It was 111 here. Sucks cause im a mechanic and our work area is not cooled haha. Its really bad. Not as bad as what tx is gettin though but we are still burnin up here!:rant

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I swear CHPMustang put a writeup in there years ago.. nothing more than a heater control valve added.. I think it's the valve off a 4.0L Ranger..

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am ready for it to cool off some, 110 here in Benton, AR today,
let us know if it helps your ac very much.
Doug

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I think I will try and find just a normal ball valve. I found the hose I need to put the valve in. Its the one that goes from the head to the heater core. I will def let you know. It was 111 here yesterday. Today its supposed to be the low 90's but they are usually wrong on predicting the weather. We need rain bad. I finally had to put a new blower motor in my truck. Def made a diff. It blows good!:sweet I also did the zoodad mod because I dropped a socket down in my grille so since I was there, went ahead and did that mod.:D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[I think I will try and find just a normal ball valve.] I found the hose I need to put the valve in. Its the one that goes from the head to the heater core. I will def let you know. :D

After I had done the A/C mod, I had thought of the same thing... A Simple, Ball valve.

"Back In The Day".. many of our OTR Trucks had a Gate valve that we would shut off in the Summer, open up in the Winter.. Simple way of getting Cooler A/C air :dunno

It >IS< nice though.. to be able to control it all, from the Dash :sly:D

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
If the coolant is not flowing into the heater core (and obviously not flowing out of the heater core), is this keeping coolant from reaching somewhere in the block where it should be going? Also, does anyone know what size the heater hose is? I'm thinking about installing the ball valve. I guess I could just pick one up from the hardware store along with a few clamps, right?

Drew

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
What about cutting both heater hoses and connecting them together with a union? The coolant could circulate through the block/water pump. Also, the heater core would be closed off for the summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58