AC Mod

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
My results

I performed the modification to lower the temperature of the Max A/C setting output. I installed the vacuum actuated valve that bypasses the heater core (but allows continuous flow of coolant) only when Max A/C is selected. Here are the temp readings a got putting a temp sensor in the A/C vent:

Before mod:
Outside air temp-105*
Idling in driveway-62*
Immediately on highway-48* (this was before the truck water temp was at normal operating temp)
After 10 minutes on highway-58*
Idling in driveway after driving-70*
Lowest temp recorded before mod-48*, but after truck warmed up lowest temp was 58*

After mod:
Outside air temp-104*
Immediately getting on highway-39*
After 10 minutes on highway-39*
Heater valve open-50* (For heater valve open, I turned the A/C control to ‘A/C’ for about 30 seconds, then turned it back to ‘Max A/C’. After turning back to ‘Max A/C’, it took at least 60 seconds to bring temp back to 39*)
Idling in driveway after driving-56* (I allowed it to idle for 10 minutes and it stayed right at this temp the entire time)
Lowest temp recorded after mod-39*

Both before & after mod highway driving was on the same section of highway with cruise set at 60mph. Also, after the mod I drove at 20mph for a few minutes and the temp read 44*. The temperatures were measured with a Craftsman Multimeter model 82337 with temp sensor. This multimeter claims to have +/- 3% accuracy reading.

Last edited:

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine from Dieselsite.com. Works good; fair price; quick shipping; great instructions and didn't spend hours debating it...........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim