AIH Delete?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
Is this a 7.3L only mod ?!?!?

ya guys gotta member there are us red-headed step child 6-OHNO liter owners on here as well :)
To my knowledge John this is for the 7.3L's but doesn't entirely rule out the 6 ;) oh's

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I got a plug and code eliminator for about $26.00. I didn't realize I didn't need the code eliminator at the time. But for $26 bucks it was cheap enough not to do a lot of research. No codes so I guess it's doing it's job.

In the pic. the code eliminator is just to your left of the plug. It goes up just over the trans. fluid dipstick.

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
I got a plug and code eliminator for about $26.00. I didn't realize I didn't need the code eliminator at the time. But for $26 bucks it was cheap enough not to do a lot of research. No codes so I guess it's doing it's job.

In the pic. the code eliminator is just to your left of the plug. It goes up just over the trans. fluid dipstick.
You have the Public URL for that plug and code eliminator photo there Forum?

Bill

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
You have the Public URL for that plug and code eliminator photo there Forum?

Bill
Bill, I got it at Black Cloud Diesel.
I just checked and it's not on the site anymore.

Last edited:

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
You can make your own using a 470ohm 1/2 to 1 watt resistor. Add the resistor to a wire and ground it from the post the AIH wire was removed from on the relay, the resistor simulates the AIH.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
You can make your own using a 470ohm 1/2 to 1 watt resistor. Add the resistor to a wire and ground it from the post the AIH wire was removed from on the relay, the resistor simulates the AIH.
Sounds like I'll be building a few CE's Saturday,one for our Excursion and one for Budro's truck :sweet

Thanks for heads up on the resistor :thanks

Bill

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Sounds like I'll be building a few CE's Saturday,one for our Excursion and one for Budro's truck :sweet

Thanks for heads up on the resistor :thanks

Bill

meanwhile........ Budro has been spotted in the Home Depot parking lot waiting for a Dodge Cummins to pull up so he can get an oil pan drain plug....... :roflmao :roflmao :sorry

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.... I went to Vatozone to try and get the plug.... If you don't have a make and model forget it....

I headed over to Napa and they had to order it but I will have it tomarrow... They tried to cross-ref to the Orielly number from the WIKI article, but it didn't work ... at least they knew they could look into a book and find what I wanted and order it... Sucker cost $10...

Hopefully it comes early enough so its not too hot to work on it.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Dieselmeister said:
Well.... I went to Vatozone to try and get the plug.... If you don't have a make and model forget it....

I headed over to Napa and they had to order it but I will have it tomarrow... They tried to cross-ref to the Orielly number from the WIKI article, but it didn't work ... at least they knew they could look into a book and find what I wanted and order it... Sucker cost $10...

Good luck. Where your at it's too hot to sit down.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Dieselmeister said:

I steer away from autozone at all cost, being a hotrodder and asking for a small block chevy part drives them nuts if they cant look it up on that computer. I found a dodge cummins and swapped my AIH for his oil drain plug, even hooked the wires up for him :D :roflmao Now really that wouldn't be very nice would it, I bought the plug at oreily for $12.55 with tax, it was out on the shelf so I didn't have to mess with that whole computer thing. I'm gonna meet CHP tommorow and he'll tell me when I'm messing up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14