and the saga continues

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok well i was over on the dark side doing some reading and found that a few guys have been haveing the upper injector orings fail.wouldnt that show up during the CCT?

tonight it was skipping hard,real hard so i immediately ran a CCT,it said system pass.it was skipping so bad you could hear and see the truck rock.

this thing has got to have an injector issue.1 minute it runs great,the next it runs like crap.if it was a motor issue it would run like crap all the time.the other night it was running sweet!!i layed down a minimum of 200 feet of locked dually rubber:burnit (gotta snap a picture when i get a chance).a few hours later it ran like crap.on the highway at 75MPH,2000 rpm it surges like crazy sometimes.other times like the other night it will run well over 100MPH with no issues(yes i smoked a ricer till he hit the happy button :D )

i have been beating the ever living snot out of it the last 2 weeks hopeing that the issue would finally show up and stay permantly so i can fix it.gonna call bean monday to see what he thinks and order some fuel filters or find out where to get them unless he happens to see and respond to this:dunno :dunno

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures Please

The other night it was running sweet!!i layed down a minimum of 200 feet of locked dually rubber.

Pictures Please......................:cop :cop

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
ok well i was over on the dark side doing some reading and found that a few guys have been haveing the upper injector orings fail.wouldnt that show up during the CCT?

rich you would think it would but it didn't in chris truck chris's truck started it about 6 weaks ago and mine started it this weak with only 1600 miles on the new engine.i have changed every censor on the truck and it still shakes.

i finely had something quit working and i was a pluger stuck in one of my injectors got that fixed but i still have the shakes.

Last edited:

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Filters, CarQuest # 86911 and 86912.

Dunno whats goin on with it Richie, Only thing I know to do is rip the mfers back out and send them down, if they all flow good then I might just send a completly differnt set to ya, maby there is soemthing in those that wont show up on testing but will not run right in your truck.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
ok well i was over on censored doing some reading and found that a few guys have been haveing the upper injector orings fail.wouldnt that show up during the CCT?
...snip

I know mine didn't show anything on the CCT with a lope from loose poppet screws till they had backed out enough to cause a near hard miss at idle. It came and went too, so I assumed the screws were int vibrating tighter and looser.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
not yet.i think im just gonna rip the injectors out next week ans ship them back so bean can have a look at them and hopefully find a problem with one or 2.:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58