Another EGR Valve

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning that, because I've suspected that since I started trying to get more MPG via less-aggressive driving, i.e. lower RPM, 1>3>5 shifting, etc, my problems have started. I'd venture that I haven't broken 2400-2500 RPM since I pulled my household goods here in December. I vaguely recall seeing someone (you, maybe?) post that somewhere here in the sea of posts, and it has been in the back of my mind since.

Well, in the meantime then, I'm going to make a little more noise around town. The highway drive to and from work, maybe not much more I can do than the constant 60 and 70.

That should do it bomberman760. I have been saying this for years, so I am sure you have seen it somewhere.

Dave ;tu

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been saying/and doing the same. I have an 03 6.0 and the EGR Valve had never been out of the intake. But, I make sure to, at least once a week, do a heavy roll into the throttle from a stop, or getting on the interstate. I would also, when I was taking my camper to storage at my parents (the live about a mile and a half down a really nice. flat wide slab.... so once I turn the corner onto that road, I would roll into the throttle until I was WOT until I had to turn into their place..... the truck normally ran really well after that.....

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
careful though you dont wanna tick off any angry leaf owners....lol

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is time we take back our Country from these leaf blowers! @#*&^%

Dave

man i watched a video on you tube about some guy that has a 911 turbo and he has a dash cam and was bassically recording a bunch of diesels "he claims wyotech mech's" just blowing smoke at him. he was crying about it constantly in the video so i posted "anything else you wanna cry about?" and he sent back a pm saying something stupid about buying an f1 in two years and getting a bunch of money. so i said like "little d*%k syndrome is a bia huh?" he never said nothing back. check this video out...

Laramie Wyoming diesel pickup "smoke show" - YouTube

i know this has nothing to do with EGR's...thought i would share anyways with what DaveBen said....lol :innocent

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats right up there with Him tailgating the truck and him bitching about the smoke.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey come on guys, HE drives a Porsche! That should tell you something - the IDIOT has a few bucks and that entitles him to bitch!!

Dave

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey come on guys, HE drives a Porsche! That should tell you something - the IDIOT has a few bucks and that entitles him to bitch!!

Dave

im still waiting on him to respond to what i sent him... :rolleyes:

i dont know if yall saw it but he actually even took a seperate video thats about a minute long of that truck throwing the cans at him. he turned around got the plate number and called the PD....seriously dude??? lol

be funny if someone came to a dead stop at a red light (like your supossed to...lol) and just belted the smoke during the entire red light..."tape this asshat!!!"

i dont want to hijack this thread anymore so i am going to post a question in the actual forum...see yall over there!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my 6.0 truck. I had a dude sitting right on the right rear side going down the hwy and would not let me over. I was having a problem with the computer and the truck was smoking really bad. The guy had his window down talking on the cell phone. So I let him get on that corner at the tailpipe again and put my foot to the floor. His car filled with smoke the lane filled with smoke. I got over and another F250 was behind me. When I stopped for the light the guy in the other truck pulled up laugh so hard he was crying. He said the guys car filled up with smoke and he droped his phone out the window of his car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14