anyone have ticking sound while idleing.

Randy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Ford directly today as well, they gave me the same line. the dealer called me as well but they don't want to rip apart my truck not knowing what to fix.

Seems to me Ford is not investigating the problem and dealers are driving blind.

thepawnshop

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Ford directly today as well, they gave me the same line. the dealer called me as well but they don't want to rip apart my truck not knowing what to fix.

Seems to me Ford is not investigating the problem and dealers are driving blind.

I'm no "rocket surgeon", but chances are if my truck has a piece that was machined improperly, then A LOT of trucks are suffering the same fate. Perhaps I am better off letting them fix this one instead of plopping another engine in with a defective connector arm or two in it....

They should know what to fix now, right?

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like a wrist pin hole machined improperly if the piston was actually making contact with the cylinder head. Or perhaps the pistons are fly-cut at the factory and a few were machined wrong. If it was the crank then the opposing cylinder would also be hitting. Hope it all works out for you.

Randy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im still not convinced it is a main component issue. Some days I hear it some days I don't. If it was sometinhg like a rod etc. it would always be there?

I'm hoping Ford wakes up and recognizes the motor has an issue and makes those highly paid engineers figure it out.

[email protected]

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 08 has recently developed a cold start ticking. After warm up it goes away. I assumed it was the cold weather and the "Old Ford Tick". I have had the truck since May and live in a cold climate. Mine is also going into the shop on Monday to have the DPF looked at. The last few times it has gone into regeneration a large volume of smoke has come out of the tailpipe for a few minutes. I will have the dealer check out both issues. Keep us informed on what you find out.

hiswheel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
tapping noise

was the tapping coming from the back of the motor on the drivers side? Is the noise there only when accelerating?

thepawnshop

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It was a constant ticking, but was more predominant once warmed up. And my issue was on the passenger side. They have repaired it, given me 2 more years and another 100,000 miles of transferrable engine warranty so I am happy with the situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg