Anyone with a Chipped X?

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Gold Superchip in the wifes X. It's a V10 though so I don't know if there is a difference.

I have had it in for a couple of years without any problems. No flashing lights or other things of that nature. It just doesn't give as nice a performance boost as it does on a diesel. I should have never let her get the V10... :D

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Well I was all set to go with the TS but my :censored: :censored: push lawn mower crapped out on me -mad I have a John Deere rider but need the push for getting around stuff the rider doesnt fit and for some ditch's So I had to spend the chip money on a new mower. When I get some more money Ill be giving TS a call. I need to win the Powerball.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arrgh....
isn't that the way it always happens :sorry

You will be having FUN once you "tune it up"....
the difference is amazing !

I too thought my John Deere L110 rider
(http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=281 :cool: )
would do the trick, but too many trees require a push mower for a lot of spots...

Thinking of doing what my neighbor did around his trees with mulch about 4 inches thick and in a 5 foot or so diameter to limit the weed eating and trimming....
but wanted to wait to see how his turns out.... -popcorn

Last edited:

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't do a 5 foot ring, but I do make a big enough mulch ring to allow my Kubota to mow the same diameter. Works pretty good. If I had brick edging around the mulch it would be perfect.

I have to weed whack about once a month to keep it looking good for the small bits I don't get with the kubota.

Have a good one,
Dave

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Thats a sweet mower Johnboy :cool:
I get as close as possible with the rider, but I have some big shrubs that I'm going to chainsaw out eventually but now they are too close to the privacy fence for the rider to fit behind. The big thing I need a push for is the ditch down one side of my yard, its too steep for the rider so I have to push part of it. The biggest thing I'm kicking myself over is I just spent a bunch of money building a new computer before this, I could have used that money on the chip. :doh: Sucks having two hobbies that clash somtimes.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - decisions, decisions.....

sometimes we roll sevens and sometimes we roll snake eyes !!!

(and that's not my John Deere, but I can only hope !!!!!!!!)

Mine's jus a plain ole' L110 automatic... but it HAS had a workout since moving into the new house...

it's been a dragline,
a plow,
a mulcher,
a tractor trailer,
and even a mower !!!
still runs like a champ....

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
The urge finally got to me, I just got off the phone with TS and have a 6 position overnighted to me. stock, high idle, 50, 75, 100, 140
Nothing like spending money I shouldnt. Gonna have to eat mac&cheese and hotdog casarole for a long time now.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I promise you...
you'll be snackin with a smile - when you're not out driving it !!!!

Varoom, VA - ROOM !!!!!!!!!!!

turbodave

Turbo Fanatic
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
The urge finally got to me, I just got off the phone with TS and have a 6 position overnighted to me. stock, high idle, 50, 75, 100, 140
Nothing like spending money I shouldnt. Gonna have to eat mac&cheese and hotdog casarole for a long time now.

Hope you enjoy it! I just wouldn't feel comfortable giving up the PATS system for a chip, especially when you don't have to.

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
Yep - decisions, decisions.....

sometimes we roll sevens and sometimes we roll snake eyes !!!

(and that's not my John Deere, but I can only hope !!!!!!!!)

Mine's jus a plain ole' L110 automatic... but it HAS had a workout since moving into the new house...

it's been a dragline,
a plow,
a mulcher,
a tractor trailer,
and even a mower !!!
still runs like a champ....

Those John Deere 110's are pretty amazing. My next door neighbor has 12 acres and mows lawn (maybe 1 acre) once a week and uses it to "brushhog" the other 11 acres once a month. (primarily a woodlot) I'll be hearing him mow, hear it hit something (with the blades) and hear him shut it down . . .this goes on for about 8 hours. I say he hits something maybe once every 15-20 minutes. The first year I just laughed and waited for him to haul it in to the dealer and buy a bigger tractor. This year I just shake my head in amazement. :)

He does take it to the dealer once a year for a tuneup. Not sure what that entails but I'm glad I'm not the dealer mechanic.

Have a good one,
dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg