Anyone with a Chipped X?

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
turbodave said:
Hope you enjoy it! I just wouldn't feel comfortable giving up the PATS system for a chip, especially when you don't have to.
I asked them when I ordered it about the PATS and was told that it is still active and works :dunno
Either way I was going to have a remote start and alarm put on pretty soon...

Well I'm out to install it, the UPS guy brought it earlier. :thumbs

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And buying new rear tires today, I'll bet ...

and the overhead says something like 8 mpg !!!!!!!!!! :)

but the grin is worth it !

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
I dont have the overhead lieometer I got the cheap XLT No power cloth seats, no opening wing windows, no overhead computer. :D
The 140 mode is wicked, but the pyro moves as fast as the speedo. I think its time to invest in a full 4 inch exhaust, time to start saving for that. I'm still spending time with the other settings but I think Ill do most of my driving on the 70hp mode.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
I dont have the overhead lieometer I got the cheap XLT No power cloth seats, no opening wing windows, no overhead computer. :D
The 140 mode is wicked, but the pyro moves as fast as the speedo. I think its time to invest in a full 4 inch exhaust, time to start saving for that. I'm still spending time with the other settings but I think Ill do most of my driving on the 70hp mode.
BigDaddyTank is now the newest hotrod on the block :thumbs

Go for the MBRP 4" and a 3.5" downpipe :sweet

Bill :cowboy:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:

Many times I wish I had the cloth seats...
the CHEAP "pleather" is breaking down FAST -
on hot days the cloth would be much betta !!!!

And YEAH, the stock boat anchor muffler WiLL slow down the exhaust and build up temps QUICKLY :eek:

as a stop gap measure before I got my turbo back,
I did a muffler delete just to try it out... only like $30 at my local muffler shop (NOT the chain stores!)

it was great, bit loud in the full cabined Ex, but sounded great, for a while - then had to upgrade to the turbo back exhaust which still sounds great outside but is acceptable inside now.... :thumbs

you probably will find that the higher HP settings are rarely used... too much fuel used - even with all the fun !

Last edited:

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
The first thing I did was ditch the muffler and replace it with the Walker BTM, I love the sound of it. I was going to just add a 3.5 downpipe to the stock system but considering the DP by itself is almost half the cost of a systeme, I'm going the system route. Probably like Bill suggested, 3.5 DP and 4 all the way back from that.
I saw a sticker on ebay that I need to get now, it said "HERRRRE HEMI HEMI HEMI" :cool:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here Hemi, Hemi !!!!
That's funny :)
the next door neighbors wife has a hemi dodge wagon - actually a sharp car, but he and I were playing around when we went to play golf and he's now officilally embarrassed !!!!

And THEN when he saw the difference in mpg between the two he was shocked what theirs got...

Yep, bill's advice is spot on....
I got an aluminized turbo back kit with a 3.5 to 4 inch and left the cat in...
(only get aluminzed in Texas - no salted roads here)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg