atf

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
anything good enough for our resident chicken farmer is good enough for me.....:innocent

for those who are doing this, would it be advisable to use it alone or in combination w/ the dk i am using (well actually the fppf total power presently)?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
anything good enough for our resident chicken farmer is good enough for me.....:innocent

for those who are doing this, would it be advisable to use it alone or in combination w/ the dk i am using (well actually the fppf total power presently)?

I don't think it would hurt one bit red.

I have been using the Ford Powerstroke "brand" cetane booster for quite awhile now. It is actually made by HEET/Stabil.

Linky

atk

Reaction score
Power D-SYL with Euro-max Technology

improves fuel economy
increases lubricity
increases cetane rating
contains NO alcohol
will not void warranty
ULSD approved
bio-diesel compatible up to B20
cleans injectors and fuel system
reduces pour point by up to -41 degree celcius
reduces cold filter plugging point by up to 31 degree celcius

these are claims this product suppose to do....so time will tell

appearantly it has been tested in Europe for the last 5 years. i am not sure if this available in the US. i will have to see what it will do in the winter....-popcorn

may try this with a little 2 stroke oil....:dunno....:hmm

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
I don't think it would hurt one bit red.

I have been using the Ford Powerstroke "brand" cetane booster for quite awhile now. It is actually made by HEET/Stabil.

Linky

yup, that is the stuff i was using after ford did most of my engine work - used it for awhile. then i went to the diesel kleen (white/grey) bottles. and for the last few months been using the fppf 'total power & polar power' stuff...

FPPF

Last edited:

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Below is the Super Tech outboard 2 cycle oil that I bought to put in my truck.

Did I get the right one?

I admit, I am alittle worried about doing this. Should I be?

Sorry for all the questions.

any more results on using this in the 6.0. I have thought about it but didn't want to pull the trigger yet. Is the fuel mileage that much better that it offsets the extra cost of the oil? I wouldn't even really care about extra cost if it prolongs the injector / engine life.

For you guys that do us the 2 cycle oil, does it make the truck smoke more?

Pour it in guys! I read every thread/review I could find on this over a year ago. I immediately found that my engine ran more quietly (less rattle), and have had no issues or regrets. My mpg difference was negligible however...

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks Ken, I will give it a try. From what I read some of you are using an additive such as Diesel Kleen along with the 2 cycle oil. If that is the case are you still mixing the Diesel Kleen according to the package and the 2 cycle 1 quart per gallon?

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
i am not mixing them YET!!! but may start soon. and yes, i heard it is 1 oz/gallon

Red, I have been mixing Diesel Kleen with 2-cycle oil from the jump. One adds a little lube, the other a little cetane. Nuthin but good experience so far. Fyi...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya