atf

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info Ken, I am going to give it a shot. I already use the Diesel Kleen so I will try mixing in the 2 cycle oil.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Red, I have been mixing Diesel Kleen with 2-cycle oil from the jump. One adds a little lube, the other a little cetane. Nuthin but good experience so far. Fyi...

ken-
thank you. i will give it a shot.. fwiw: 1 oz/ gallon = 30 oz. correct? on a 30 gallon fill up??

can you or anyone else give me an indication of 'whose/type" to buy. i have lots of 50:1 oil mix for my stihl equip. CAN i use the stihl oil?

i think i read somewhere to use a 'ashless type'?!?!

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
ken-
thank you. i will give it a shot.. fwiw: 1 oz/ gallon = 30 oz. correct? on a 30 gallon fill up??

can you or anyone else give me an indication of 'whose/type" to buy. i have lots of 50:1 oil mix for my stihl equip. CAN i use the stihl oil?

Yes on the ashless red, and yes, 1oz. to every gallon (didn't know you could add red :sly)

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
ken-

I use the Walmart brand "Super Tech", 2-cycle with TcW3. This is the ashless oil that you refered to. It is basically marine 2-cycle oil.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
thanks ken

bama-you will get yours....

that is the exact oil i was looking at but was not 100% sure.

can anyone decifer what tcw3 stands for?
t=two
c=cycle
w=
3=

kenholl

Reaction score
Found this info on a salt-water fishing forum, and thought it might be usefull for this/other applications. Sound like you can go to many boat shops and save some coins! :dunno

"Most brand name oils are expensive. The way to do it is to buy from a shop that sells in bulk. Suzuki/Evinrude oil is about $12 to $14 per gallon but if you buy it in bulk it is only $10 a gallon.

Bulk does not mean you have to buy 100 gallons. You just bring a 5 gallon gas can and they pump it full from a 55 gallon drum. Saves big bucks whatever brand oil you use."

kenholl

Reaction score
Man, I feel like I am starting to beat everyone down with info :sorry, but what I keep discovering info is worth of passing along!

It makes sense that professionals in the boating industry would know more about TCW formulas. This guys report was very informative, and is definitely worthy of our attention, considering the fact that we are pouring this stuff in our tanks too, and this info applies to our engines as well. TCW oils

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
went to wallyworld-for other reason. went to look at the oils. found the supertech tcw3. 1 gallon $10.97. now i just need to come across/find some bottle that is 30 oz. i would think i could use an old 1 qrt. oil bottle - just fill it shy of actually 32 oz....

still seems strange to dump in a quart of oil into my fuel tank:dunno:doh:

when i do, i will pass along any tid bits of info....;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14