Auto Enginuity ?s

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6.0 always pulls weird codes related to the key and cluster , I always thought it was because I started it without the key ,so thats where i was headed with that , mine also throws some weird bus cods and like a Pats code ,, my truck doesn't even have the pats security lol

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Fresh Rotella oil in her today! Im going to run some test when I get home. Anyone have any suggestions on things to watch (from pull down menus) while running the truck down the road? Im going from Raleigh, NC to St Louis, MO in 7 days and dont want to be nervous the whole trip. Thanks for the help guys!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
AE will not "test" your oil. This is a diagnostic tool that will and can help you diagnose a problem with your engine and its systems. This will not diagnose your oil.

What are you thinking of checking with AE?

Dave

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I wasnt clear when I said going to do some tests I guess. I know AE doesnt test oil. I have new oil and filter. I want to know what items in the drop down menues I should use to check if cylinders or injectors are working correctly while driving down the road.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I guess you CAN check these items, but you will crash if you do it while driving. I think you can record a session and look later at the desired items. You will have to set it up to record those items before you start. If you want further information on exactly what and how AE can record or monitor these items go to AutoEnginuity® - OBD2 Scan Tool - Professional PC and PDA Diagnostics and do the reading. I won't read it for you.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup ,, you would have to data log ,, and know how to save it in the correct format to play back ,, then you would have to know how to interpret this info .. kind of a huge task IMHO

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Thanks guys I can data log and record it. Im not asking you to read anything for me DaveBen. I got this software and scanner to help me diagnose problems with my truck because you recommended it. I come to the forums to ask for help with things I dont know about. I dont know much about this scan tool or which things I should check with the live data log or how to interpret it. So I ask this so I can post readings for more knowledgeable members to help me. If I knew everything about this truck and this scan tool I would not be here asking for help! Reading the website WILL NOT tell me what things to look for when trying to diagnose injector, fuel, or cylinder issues. I read alot on this forum and you are VERY knowledgeable when it comes to these trucks. If you can help I would appreciate it. Telling me to read a website advertising their product isnt very helpful. Thanks

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly ,, that website won't help you ,, or read and diagnose your symptoms for you it for you ,, i have stated this before and have a lot of firsthand knowledge about this ,, I also bought it because everyone bragged about it ! .. there isn't squat for a data base on how toe interpret the readings
it isn't a very goos tool for the novice beside the few on board test it can do .. unless you can find the proper ranges that sensors should show ,, I haven't found those yet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14