Auto Enginuity ?s

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
honestly ,, that website won't help you ,, or read and diagnose your symptoms for you it for you ,, i have stated this before and have a lot of firsthand knowledge about this ,, I also bought it because everyone bragged about it ! .. there isn't squat for a data base on how toe interpret the readings
it isn't a very goos tool for the novice beside the few on board test it can do .. unless you can find the proper ranges that sensors should show ,, I haven't found those yet

Thats what I was thinking also!

Now im getting different codes than last week! I changed oil and filter and put in a new fuel pump. New codes are
KOEO P0605, P1273
Injector buzz test P1273 WTH?
Enhanced Powertrain P1316,P1211,P0541
Overhead trip Computer b1242
Im supossed to take this truck on a trip to St Lois, MO from Raleigh, NC so I need this thing fixed!!! Thanks for the help!!

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can look up your own codes .. open AE then click help then dtc library

but thats all I can tell you because a #3hi low doesn't tell me anything sry

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score

Yea I looked up the codes also but im like you #3 hi low doesnt tell me a thing either. Thanks for continuing to respond with your thoughts. I have to go to dinner now and will do some more googling later tonight!;tu

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What I was trying to get him to do is to read the site to understand what can be recorded and how. I don't have all of the answers and I have an AE and have had it for years. I have recorded an event but that was many years ago. They do have updates that I don't have and they maybe different.

Dave

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score

To make AE a little more friendly get a hold of a copy of the Ford Powertrain Control / Emissions Diagnostics manual. You can find them on fleabay.

Now what the code is saying is. The #3 injector is out of range. Open circuit open injector, failed IDM.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing that can help you on that site is if you lost the manual you can download another ,, unless i missed something? I wish somebody would do a how to for AE or an AE for Dummies book lol

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
To make AE a little more friendly get a hold of a copy of the Ford Powertrain Control / Emissions Diagnostics manual. You can find them on fleabay.

Now what the code is saying is. The #3 injector is out of range. Open circuit open injector, failed IDM.

Trackspeeder so all I need to do is replace the IDM?

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Not necessarily. You should check the #3 injector first. Go from there. It could be a bad injector or a wiring problem. If those check out good, then attack the IDM.

The Beans injectors and under valve cover harness' are less than a year old! I hope the injector is not screwed!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14