Aux switches

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu NICE "Rig" Tom ;tu

Yer guna like that New To You FORD. Was yer 3500 a DRW ??

Joe

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Nope, it was a SRW. It was a 1998 Chevy C3500 long bed with the Vortec 454 gas motor. I bought it new and it had just one over 126000 when I traded it in last week. This trailer was just too big for it and I didnt want to take a chance on the DOT scaling me out and giving me an overweight ticket. They are very expensive.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet yul find the DRW will give you some stabilty you never felt before. With 38', it's GVW behind you.. The "Big Butt" trucks are the way to go. Just an opinion I guess. My 012 is my 6th Dually.

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, your going to like it. You get going down the road with that rig it will take you 30 day to get the smile off your face.
You picked out what 5th wheel hitch your putting in your truck yet? Make sure you get a good one.
Doug

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I removed the Reese 15K I had on the Chevy and having it installed on the Ford. It handles this trailer ok. If we ever go bigger, IE the Redwood my DW likes, I will get a bigger hitch. With the long beds its nice not to have to deal with a slider hitch too.

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is my second dualie. I had a 92 Chevy that I pulled a fiver with back in the day. It was a 454 too. Back before the Duramax Allisons were even though of.

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I got the check engine light today and a loss of power. Cruise control isnt working either. Took it to a local shop and he pulled the following codes out: P132B, P0529, P0269, P2269 and P2263. He was able to clear them all and the light went out. Still no CC though. Told me to drive it normally and bring it back on Monday and see how it is.

Its always something.....

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the check engine light today and a loss of power. Cruise control isnt working either. Took it to a local shop and he pulled the following codes out: P132B, P0529, P0269, P2269 and P2263. He was able to clear them all and the light went out. Still no CC though. Told me to drive it normally and bring it back on Monday and see how it is.

Its always something.....

You could have the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) cleaned.. or replaced (+/-$50). it's on the top of the rear Dif.. A 10mm bolt/ clamp.. 30 minute fix. It provides magnetic inputs for the CC and many other PCM related (power/ABS) components. Could be the cause for some of the other codes too ? One thing leads to another ?

Joe

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that 15 K big enough for the RV you have now. Just seams light to me, I have a 20K in mine and don't want any thing lighter.
Doug