Aux switches

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rule is you want to go 1/3 more then you total trailer load weight towing. It sound like your right at the max of that 5th wheel hitch can take. Look on e-bay and craigslist. I picked up a slide for a short bed with a 5ther hitch for 200 bucks. There's deals out there.

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is that 15 K big enough for the RV you have now. Just seams light to me, I have a 20K in mine and don't want any thing lighter.
Doug

I found out that we have one half of a B&W hitch system already installed on my new truck. So we have decided to just get the top fifth wheel companion hitch rated at 20K and sell the Reese.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would and your not buying the mount, just the hitch so it should be a lot cheaper. Plus with the 20K you should have more hitch then you need for later updates in towing.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the companion hitch rated at 20K, is not cheap, but is a good hitch from what I have heard. I found one used one a few weeks back in Mesquite TX for $600.00 but I bet it's gone by now.
Good Luck finding one.
Doug

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We are looking at the Redwood trailers. The ones we have seen are very nice. I like the front living room model more than I should....LOL Maybe in five years.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, Redwoods are not cheep. We look at one here at the RV show. It started at about 90K on sell and went up from there. I think list was 125K. Way to much money for a camper used for weekends and for one and two week trips. If your a full time maybe.... but still.

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes we are full timing and when it is your only home you need it to be really well made and insulated. The Heartland we are in is nice but there are some things I wish it did better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64