Auxiliary fuel tank

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I could have purchased one cheaper, but this one was local, and fit nicely in the truck. This should extend our range pulling the 5er to 1400 miles, and 1900 plus miles empty. This is allowing that some fuel (5 gallons) will not be picked up at the bottom of the tank. The tool box is adequate for our needs. :)
We paid about $800.00, taxes included, but like I said it was local and we are going on a trip soon. We did not have to pay freight, or have to wait for it to arrive.

Delta Aluminum Tool Box and Fuel Transfer Tank Combo

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
No excuses needed...nice aux tank. :clap: That tool box is much larger than Northern Tool's combo tank. So I assume it will drain into your filler neck with a check valve?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Looks good :sweet The toolbox on mine is too small to be much use but that one looks like it has much more room. Does it stick up above the bed at all?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch what you are buying ladies and gentlemen.

This is a transfer tank not an auxillary tank, there is a big difference.

It's not designed to be hooked into the existing fuel system but prolly could be done with a little fabrication.

At 19" tall it should be about flush with the bed rails on a Superduty.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
So I assume it will drain into your filler neck with a check valve?

I was referring to THIS

3490901_lg.gif

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch what you are buying ladies and gentlemen.

This is a transfer tank not an auxillary tank, there is a big difference.

It's not designed to be hooked into the existing fuel system but prolly could be done with a little fabrication.

At 19" tall it should be about flush with the bed rails on a Superduty.

Yes they call it a transfer tank, and that is just what I wanted. I do not want it to be a permanent tank. I want to take it out when not going on long trips, so I have the use of the whole 8 ft. bed. I am going to buy a 12 volt pump like the one below to fill the main tank, when needed. If you look at the specifications on the pump, you see that it adjusts to 23 inches, which is to long for this tank, so I am looking for another pump.
You are right that the tank fits perfectly level with the truck bed rails. "just what I wanted", for clearance with the 5th wheel. :D

Gasboy 12 Volt DC Fuel Pumps - FREE SHIPPING!

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I am going to buy a 12 volt pump like the one below to fill the main tank, when needed.

Gasboy 12 Volt DC Fuel Pumps - FREE SHIPPING!

I have THIS 12v pump for much less money but painted it black. For $12 I got the viton biodiesel o-ring/gasket upgrade kit. Don't be concerned with the pump inlet tube length. It's 1" PVC! :eek: I replaced it with black iron pipe to my desired length...but remember my tank holds WVO.
109577_lg.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58