Auxiliary fuel tank

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be adding over 500 + lb to the bed of your truck. I can get 300 + miles on my stock tank, and you will be getting better MPG's than I do.
I just don't see the need for it. You need to be stopping the truck every two hours and taking a walk around the truck & trailer any ways.
Have fun.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be adding over 500 + lb to the bed of your truck. I can get 300 + miles on my stock tank, and you will be getting better MPG's than I do.
I just don't see the need for it. You need to be stopping the truck every two hours and taking a walk around the truck & trailer any ways.
Have fun.

man when i get in the seat i dont STOP...if my passengers allow...
700mi (maybe more if i take it easy) tank to tank (on the interstate)...
id love to have another 40g....id only give up 9inches of bed-space/depth.

My goal....houston to winchester non stop (when empty or loaded lightly)

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have THIS 12v pump for much less money but painted it black. For $12 I got the viton biodiesel o-ring/gasket upgrade kit. Don't be concerned with the pump inlet tube length. It's 1" PVC! :eek: I replaced it with black iron pipe to my desired length...but remember my tank holds WVO.
109577_lg.gif

Looks good, and a good price...

Thanks
:sweet

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have fun.

Hey WD;

I like the ability to have options. With extra fuel, you can choose which places to stop for fuel. Many times, we have come to service stations "in our car" and found that the stations had cars lined up ten deep. It would be nice to "drive on by" ...Or like Needles, where fuel is $4.20 per gallon, it will be nice to smile as I go by. When we go to Alaska, it will be appreciated, also during the summers we plan to spend them on the coast, where the fuel is very high all the time, and access is not always the best.
Basically we purchased it for convenience for our long trips. 500 lbs. is not that big of a deal, and as you drive it gets lighter.
We normally plan our stops at rest areas, and they don't normally have fuel stations close by. We like to take our time, walk the dog, eat lunch or a snack, then get back up on the road. At each rest stop, I could top off our main tank.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I am going to buy a 12 volt pump like the one below to fill the main tank, when needed. If you look at the specifications on the pump, you see that it adjusts to 23 inches, which is to long for this tank, so I am looking for another pump.

My pump is similar to that with a long pick-up tube. I just removed the telescoping part and hacked the other piece off to the length I needed. I don't think they make them shorter than 23" but they are easily shortened.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Non-stop is keepin' that door shut driver, and gettin' er done.

You pack your lunch and save a 20oz bottle for the yeller stuff (when the bladder is about to splatter):sly

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lmao

Being serious,,, 1.5 hours and my wife is getting vocal to stop at the next rest stop. :eek:

So non-stop to us is 1.5 hours maximum.
Just wondered if any other husbands have wives with a shallow bladder?
:dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14