Bama's Xtreme Pickup Bed Make-Over

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i think for the most part, they are very close. their prep work is more important than whose product you are using.

somehting to think about bama.....they can tint the liner material to "match" you truck color, or whatever paint color you give them. its a few shades off but its pretty cool. they can do metallic flake, and pearl as well. im not sure if all companies offer that but i figured id throw that out there. :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have decided to have it lined and fill the holes using the Tbar MOD (carriage bolts to plug the holes) :sweet. Is there a diff. between Rhino & Line X???

The closest dealer for both is in Huntsville, AL (that I know of)
There is an "off-brand" dealer within 2 miles from my house, but
I don't know much about them. Are all spray liners created equally?

Any thoughts?

:dunno My local Bed Liner (Sun Liner by 3M) guy sez they're ALL made from recycled rubber suspended in polyurethane and each brands (Supposed) secret ingredient... but basically, It's the same stuff. It's All about the Prep and thickness applied.. and the expertise of the guy with the spray gun.

AND most important.. It's The Cure Time. That has to do with the mix and make up.

Sprayed on, while you wait ? :watchout

Drop it off in the morning and pick it up at noon ? :rolleyes:

Drop it off in the morning and pick it up late in the PM, or tommorro ? :sweet

jus my .03 Stephen.

Last edited:

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
I don't know enough about it to neccesarily recommend it, but they now sell DIY kits. Maybe someone here has done so and could advise!? It can't be a terribly complicated process, and most of the cost to have it done is labor

Product description w/reviews (Scroll down to see reviews)

Savings would be in the hundreds...

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I had a Rhino Liner in my old truck, and it held up just fine, but I spilled something on it once, and it sucked it up, and was slicker that ice from then on.

My F250 had a off-brand liner in it when I bouhgt it, and it is JUNK!!!! It is peeling up, is very thin, slippery (especially when wet), has faded to gray (so did the rhino liner), and I can't wait to have the extra time and money to scrape it out and get a LineX liner put in. I personally think that LineX is the best available, and that there is a BIG difference between different liners, and you get what you pay for. For my $$ it's LineX all the way.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
it is all a personal preference buddy....

prep/thickness/expertise/dry time all there is to it...

mine was done thru dealer when bought it (oops - leased it) local company. love it. no issues.

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Again, thanks for all the info.

I know the prep game, they ruff up the bed pretty good to get a good bond.

I also knew about color matching, but 5 years ago when I bought my truck, the closest anyone had was the bright Ford blue and they told me that you would have to paint over the sprayed-in in order to get it too match.

I am gonna call the Line X dealer in Huntsville tomorrow and get the skinny on all that they do.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
For me it's Line-X. As far as what was said about the bed extender, don't the 08s fold is the side of the bed and out of the way?

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Yes, the bed extender does fold up to the sides.

Bama, I wasn't aware of that on the '08s! That fixes my greatest complaint with them! You will certainly find it useful from time to time. In the meantime, sounds like it will be tucked out of the way! Carry-on!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58