Bama's Xtreme Pickup Bed Make-Over

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every spray in liner I have seen has been a hard Polyurethane foam. They all use the same catalyst, it is the reagent that is different.
Polyurethane come sin two parts, and A and a B part. The B part is the same for everyone. The A part is what is different. I would look and see if the finished product has the feel that you are looking for because some are softer and some are harder. The softer ones tend to slip less than the harder ones. The harder ones tend to chip a little more, but the softer ones peel.

Make sure that they are sanding for prep, and that they are masking everything. I have seen some really ugly jobs done by really lazy applicators.

I used to work for a spray in liner manufacturer, but it has been ten years.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Update

Hey all, I made a call to Line-X in Huntsville, AL today and made an appointment for Monday morning at 8:00am. They will have me done around 1pm or so.

I choose the Line-X Xtra. They will color code to my paint, so it should look very close and sharp.

I explained to them about all the holes I have in my bed from the hitch, and they use a metal tape to cover the holes and you will never notice they were even there.

Gettin' excited about it now, can't wait. :bama

Smokeem

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alot of them just use regular masking tape. Once it is done you will never even know they where there. I'm on my third Rhino and love it. And like said before no liner is the same. I would personally stay with either Rhino or Line-x. I've seen both in person and I prefer the Rhino. Line-x is a harder product where Rhino is softer. I've seen Rhino hold up in farm trucks around here for years and you wash the out and they look practically new. Also you might want to ask them about a UV protectant. It usually is to be applied once or twice a year to keep it from dulling.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel my app. for tomorrow.

Some financial difficulties have reared their ugly head, and I need to wait alittle while.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, I am going to have to cancel my app. for tomorrow.

Some financial difficulties have reared their ugly head, and I need to wait alittle while.

Bama that sucks, but better NOW then AFTER the app. tomorrow :sweet

BigBlock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
LINE-X Xtra is fade resistant and will hold it's gloss. It's also fortified with Dupont Kevlar which is 5 times stronger than steel. If your truck's paint has metallic flakes in it, the Xtra will also. All you ever have to do with Xtra is wash it, you will never need to do anything else to it.

LINE-X Xtra pics:

KR2.jpg

KR3.jpg

Ford1.jpg

DodgeRed2.jpg

Harley_liner1.jpg

Harley_liner2.jpg

BlueStreakMet4.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics