BANKS EXHAUST

powerwasher

08 SD 6.4L Diesel
Reaction score
Who gives a crap as long as it get better mileage. Do you own an 08 that gets crapy mileage. Well now that i have put 200 miles on the new system i can tell the exahust is deeper and more power.

WhiteYacht08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
different metal types can rust, mbrp uses mostly 409 stainless, a different metal compound than the higher priced better quality 304 stainless. I'm not sure the exact specs of the compound but there is more of one type of metal in it, something about nickle or some alloy that makes it rust, even though its still classified as stainless. I had a mbrp on my duramax, and after 3 months the entire thing looked like crap, except the tip which was 304 stainless. Thats what I was told about the 2.

Your pretty much right on there, my company works with stainless steel tubing and we've came across simi rusted tubing thats be exposed to the elements for awhile.

chief34

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The only real benefits are
1) to get rid of the factory style ugly exhuast tip
2) to remove your stock filter back exhaust so it doesent get sooted up
when you do the Dpf Delete ;)

the stock system is a flow through mufller, so there isnt much difference in sound or performance.

I got the pro series MBRP 4" single 304 stainless and I did notice a little better throttle response due to the turbos spooling a little faster than normal from less backpressure. Looks a hell of a lot better and it is quite a bit lighter than stock. I didnt notice any difference in noise. AND I am GLAD. I love the fact that these trucks are so quiet. Just My opinion...

JEFF69Z28

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
COME ON YOU CANT FEEL ANY HP DIFFERENCE BY CHANGING A MUFFLER,IT JUST SOUNDS DIFFERENT AND THEREFORE YOU THINK YOU FEEL MORE POWER.

powerwasher

08 SD 6.4L Diesel
Reaction score
I just got the Banks Monster exhaust on today. It looks great. No noticeable sound difference. I also have there ram air intake. Hoping for a 1-2 mpgs. anything to help.
Well I have got a 1200 miles on the truck since the mods. I am seeing 1mpg better than before and that is towing 95% of the time. It should be better unloaded. Just a little info for you guys that dont want to take off the dpf.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
My own personal experience with Banks has shown their stuff to be underperforming, overpriced & over-rated when compared to similiar items from other manufacturers.

+1

that "cool cuff" is the biggest load of ***** i have ever seen.....underneath the "cuff" is the exact same perforations as any other exhaust system, including the stock. besides that, those egts at the end of the pipe arent the ones you need to worry about. also when the truck is in regen you will still get million degree exhaust coming out the tip, cool cuff or solid pipe.

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1

that "cool cuff" is the biggest load of ***** i have ever seen.....underneath the "cuff" is the exact same perforations as any other exhaust system, including the stock. besides that, those egts at the end of the pipe arent the ones you need to worry about. also when the truck is in regen you will still get million degree exhaust coming out the tip, cool cuff or solid pipe.

I thought I was the only one to have that opinion. Funny Banks run a dmax and a cummins but doesnt bother with a powerstroke! IMO I think they put more effort into advertising than R&D..(at least for the Powerstroke folks)
I have known a few people to be completely disgusted with their products....

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I gotta agree. I sent in for the Banks catalog when I bought my truck because they were such a well known name. I couldn't believe the prices. And this is from a guy who deals in classic cars and parts! Glad I found this site. My MBRP is half of what banks wants and the MBRP is a better product. Plus, this site led me to Spartan and lots of other better retailers as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr