Battery Upgrade

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think, at least for now... as $$$$ is tight..... I have an Interstate Battery Shop/Distributor close to me. They have "blems" 100% Functionally, not 100% cosmetically, for much less than a non, blem....... I could put several sets of blems in for the cost of 2 Retail batteries.

I did some measuring of the Group 31 batteries... and first reaction, is no, they are too big. I have not gone under the hood and actually measured the available space..... when I do, I will report back...

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the Group 65 "blems" in, and are very happy with them so far. The engine is spinning over faster than it has in a long while. The alternator is able to hold a more consistant voltage output. For the price, I am estatic. They only have a 30 day warranty, but with the cost, I could by 8 blems for the price of 2 retail, non-blems..... so even if they crap out in a couple of years... I am still ahead. Truck seems happer, starts easier and quicker. Definitely think the alternator is much happier!!!!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Group 65 "blems" in, and are very happy with them so far. The engine is spinning over faster than it has in a long while. The alternator is able to hold a more consistant voltage output. For the price, I am estatic. They only have a 30 day warranty, but with the cost, I could by 8 blems for the price of 2 retail, non-blems..... so even if they crap out in a couple of years... I am still ahead. Truck seems happer, starts easier and quicker. Definitely think the alternator is much happier!!!!

Good, Lucky move Scott ;tu

I don't have a source for any sort of Blems 'round here.. but if I did.. I'd prolly have'm too.

Some Stuff don't halfta be prurdy.. in jus' needsta work ? ;):sly:D

Joe

(my Dad has a "Dented" refer he got New,for 50 bucks in 1958 (Damaged Frieght) Still keeps Beer as COLD today as it did "Back In The day" :dunno)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg