best programer for my 94

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as max horsepower, yes. A chip from DP Tuner (Jody Tipton) or Total Diesel Performance (Tony Wildman) would do better on EGTs and other stuff. Cheers!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
As far as max horsepower, yes. A chip from DP Tuner (Jody Tipton) or Total Diesel Performance (Tony Wildman) would do better on EGTs and other stuff. Cheers!

what he said.the max you are gonna get from any mods is an extra 75HP and thats it.but the ts junk is gonna run high EGTs and if youre not careful you will melt pistons.

JRJ04

Reaction score
You will see how hot your motor will get when you MELT the pistons. Get an EGT gauge!!!

Dave

yea man you definitely need to get a pyro. the less black smoke, that means the more thats probably getting burned which = more heat. its not hard at all to get up to 1000* when you are doing nothing but dumping fuel into the cylinders (and thats all a ts chip is gonna do) once you hit that mark, pushing it further past that will happen really fast and you will undoubtedly melt a piston when you get up that high.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Black smoke = unburn fuel.

Not quite, Black Smoke = over fueled, but not unburned. Diesels run very different from gas motors. The only thing that changes from idle to full throttle is the amount of fuel per cycle. The air stays the same in every stroke.

Dave

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get my 1994 with downpipe and gutted EBPV up to 1200F pre-turbo while towing without a problem. It's your motor, but I, like everyone else, recommend a pyrometer. Cheers!

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
when my truck is juiced up I have touched 1100 a few times. It is good to know when to back off:rolleyes:

I've seen 1100*F a few times but my truck doesn't get juiced up. :CRAZY
I have yet to see any black smoke with my stock injectors and my DP chip at 80hp (OK I'm a wimp :D)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58