Best route to pull a 5th wheel

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys on the Right Coast, what is the best route to travel from Daytona Beach Florida to Bancor Maine, missing the heavy city traffic?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I10 (east of houston) is A LOT smoother than it used to be...
time it right and it shouldnt be TOO bad getting thru houston.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Bush, I dont think Max is gonna go from FL to ME by way of Houston.
I thought you were smarter than that bush. :tounge :lmao :lmao

The logical way would be to go up I-95, but be ready for loads of traffic.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys on the Right Coast, what is the best route to travel from Daytona Beach Florida to Bancor Maine, missing the heavy city traffic?

We've done, Orlando to Portland Ma. many times. Do you wana make time, or take it easy and see the senery?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i took I95 all the way down and all the way back home.the worst part was the traffic on the george washington bridge in NY.we left at the wrong time to go down.on the way home we zipped right over it.if you have time you could get ahold me while youre up here.you gotta go right by me to get to maine and im not far off of I95

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are going to take our time, and if it works out, we want to see as many of you as we can. We will have our laptop with us, and will let everyone know where we are, so if anyone wants to visit, we will be glad to see you.
Stop and go traffic, and or heavy traffic is not good for this old guy. We want to take a scenic and leisurely trip. Also we need to be concerned about bridge or tunnel heights. We need 14 ft to clear the unit, and another 8 inches to clear the antenna. We will be going through Texas on our way to Florida, but we should be north, going through Amarillo and Wichita Falls. Anyone close to either city? Then Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, and down to Florida.
I don't really want to go through Atlanta, but we might have to.

Bangor Maine... :D

Merry Christmas everyone...
And thanks for each and every response.

the cable guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I95

As you come through NY city I would adivse you to bypass the George Washington Bridge and especiallly the cross bronx expressway. It can be a parking lot, major pot holes, no shoulder and full of idiots. Especially with a trailer in tow.

Take route 287 Tappan Zee bridge then 287west back to I95 and follow that up through CT and new england.

the hutchinson and merrit parkways in NY and CT do not allow trailers or have the clearance you will require.

buy a EZ pass for the tolls

drive safe and have a great trip;tu

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58