BIG MPG'S w/HeAtInG OiL

Status
Not open for further replies.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
What a big difference running on the dye. My baby sipps the high sulpher at about 15 mpg vs . that taxed junk at 10

:innocentAnyone else ?

Either your calculator or pencil needs to be recalibrated.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i 'spose these are more "TIPS" from your cuz !
make me LAUGH, increase mpg ! HAH ! put the pipe down and sober up !

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to day it, but he's probably not lying... Part of the process of removing the sulfur also takes some of the heavy aromatics out of the fuel. When you loose the heavy oils, you loose heat, you lose heat, you loose power. yeah, they can add lubricity agents to kinda help not destroy the fuel system, but they can't/haven't replaced the lost energy...

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I have noticed that my fuel mileage is better when I get the Low Sulfur Diesel (still one station in town that sells it that I can find) versus when I get the ULSD, its about a 2-3 MPG difference. not sure about Home Heating Oil though, never ran that.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well, if this was the case, then everyone dropped 4-5 mpg when the transition was made from LSD to ULSD. That didn't happen. I can't speak for M-plow, but I would be more concerned as to why the truck only gets 10 mpg on ULSD. I've never seen mileage that low in a dually running winter blend AND towing. Not saying any of you feller's are wrong, just looking at it from a different angle.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Hate to day it, but he's probably not lying... Part of the process of removing the sulfur also takes some of the heavy aromatics out of the fuel. When you loose the heavy oils, you loose heat, you lose heat, you loose power. yeah, they can add lubricity agents to kinda help not destroy the fuel system, but they can't/haven't replaced the lost energy...
Where do the heavy oils go? Are they evaporated into the ozone? If so, what are we gaining in protecting the planet. They're probably used to make another product and more profit. I want my heavy oils back!!:rant

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're not gaining anything but a fatter Al Gore... and he was pretty big to begin with. God I hate liberals.

Most likely they are probably cracked when the sulfur is removed. The environmental (key word MENTAL) movement in this country, led by 3 wack jobs, is out of control. Started with our jobs, now it's our vehicles. We're almost a total service economy, we're not allowed to build anything because some friggin' moth might loose it's home or some crap. If it wasn't for farming we wouldn't create anything... Anything but strip malls anyway...

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
We're not gaining anything but a fatter Al Gore... and he was pretty big to begin with. God I hate liberals.Most likely they are probably cracked when the sulfur is removed. The environmental (key word MENTAL) movement in this country, led by 3 wack jobs, is out of control. Started with our jobs, now it's our vehicles. We're almost a total service economy, we're not allowed to build anything because some friggin' moth might loose it's home or some crap. If it wasn't for farming we wouldn't create anything... Anything but strip malls anyway...
True, that. Does anyone know where I can read up on the oil co.'s process of sulphur removal? It's hard to believe that it costs more than refineing "supreme"gasoline. Where I live (Fort Bragg,CA), I'm paying $4.43 for diesel, and premium is $4.13, .30 a gallon more!! I'm considering turning to a life of crime and using off road fuel, but with my luck I'd get my tank dipped on my first tankful. Far less joy riding going on here! :(

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
We're not gaining anything but a fatter Al Gore... and he was pretty big to begin with. God I hate liberals.

Most likely they are probably cracked when the sulfur is removed. The environmental (key word MENTAL) movement in this country, led by 3 wack jobs, is out of control. Started with our jobs, now it's our vehicles. We're almost a total service economy, we're not allowed to build anything because some friggin' moth might loose it's home or some crap. If it wasn't for farming we wouldn't create anything... Anything but strip malls anyway...
Lets keep politics out of this thread, its already a shaky subject to begin with.

MONSTERPLOW, do you KNOW the sulfur content (ie; do you have facts, paperwork FROM the load of fuel you are burning that states the sulfur PPM?) of the heating oil you are burning? If you dont or cannot produce the facts then the real fact of the matter is you dont have a clue what is in your tank.

Would seem pretty silly to me to heat the ENTIRE Eastern seaboard on high sulfur fuel oil when that has been targeted as one of the no-no compounds to burn and release to the atmosphere eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58