BIG MPG'S w/HeAtInG OiL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
you really dont know much about liquid transfer, as much as you would love to pretend to. riddle me this mplow: how would a tanker go about cross-dropping at a station, if the compartments were ONLY for gasoline???

in a tanker you can have loaded at the same time several different fuels.

Not ALL tankers are compartmental . Which would you be refering to?

Again , you really must have been to the rack to understand whats really going on.:cool:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets keep politics out of this thread, its already a shaky subject to begin with.

MONSTERPLOW, do you KNOW the sulfur content (ie; do you have facts, paperwork FROM the load of fuel you are burning that states the sulfur PPM?) of the heating oil you are burning? If you dont or cannot produce the facts then the real fact of the matter is you dont have a clue what is in your tank.

Would seem pretty silly to me to heat the ENTIRE Eastern seaboard on high sulfur fuel oil when that has been targeted as one of the no-no compounds to burn and release to the atmosphere eh?

Fair enough...

But you're right. It would be pretty silly to heat with something that "pollutes" the atmosphere... oh wait, this is the fed we're talking about. Railroads are still using 1992 in their engines, because that fuel won't chew up the injectors in the locomotives. I believe they have till 2010 to change things over.

As far as what's posted on the fuel pumps goes, around here, it's whatever they throw in the tanks... I have stations claiming 49 cetane, and that stuff runs worse in my truck than the lower stuff. I ran that fuel for a month, at a premium price I might add, only to find that consumption was the same or just a little worse. Gasoline is watched a little closer I think because more people use it for the most part. I'd love to see one of those news stations go and test random samples of diesel fuel in the area and see what they come back with.

Sorry for any political stance, but I'm just sick and tired of people *****ing about gas prices when they have no one to blame but themselves for burying their heads in the sand. I'm trying to get a gas well drilled at my place, and some clown in New York is holding up my plans based on environmental concerns... He's not even in the same state!

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
It's all about the savings . 6 in one hand and a half dozen in the other. Ill take my chances . Cant make a comment around here without it turning into a sit-com. Im not interested in paying too much for anything. It's human nature . But it's ok to spew out the home chimney and not the stack. HELLO

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all about the savings . Im not concerned about replacing injectors or a tank dipping , by the time that happens I'll have saved enough to buy a new truck.

so while youre saving up to buy your new truck...who the HELL do you
think should be paying to improve or repair the roads you drive on...
if i knew who or where EXACTLY you were id call the law on you MYSELF !

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you really dont know much about liquid transfer, as much as you would love to pretend to. riddle me this mplow: how would a tanker go about cross-dropping at a station, if the compartments were ONLY for gasoline???

in a tanker you can have loaded at the same time several different fuels.

In Real Life ? On our local (Fresno area) News: Last Saturday a Fuel Delivery driver mis-delivered Diesel fuel into un-leaded tanks at 3 different stations.. Costco, Vallero and a Fast Gas.

It hasn't been figured out yet but they think the tanker was mis-loaded at the Fuel Yard Racks. Normally carried the 3 grades of Gasoline.. but on this run.. 1 [Compartment] was loaded with Diesel. Driver went about his normal deliveries... the rest is history.

:dunno

And.. In my Past Life as a Fuels Mgr. ? We had 4 tankers that were Multi Fuel capable. 1070 gallons Diesel, 1070 gallons of mid-grade Gasoline.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
In Real Life ? On our local (Fresno area) News: Last Saturday a Fuel Delivery driver mis-delivered Diesel fuel into un-leaded tanks at 3 different stations.. Costco, Vallero and a Fast Gas.

It hasn't been figured out yet but they think the tanker was mis-loaded at the Fuel Yard Racks. Normally carried the 3 grades of Gasoline.. but on this run.. 1 [Compartment] was loaded with Diesel. Driver went about his normal deliveries... the rest is history.

:dunno

And.. In my Past Life as a Fuels Mgr. ? We had 4 tankers that were Multi Fuel capable. 1070 gallons Diesel, 1070 gallons of mid-grade Gasoline.

Happens every day 50 -100 times in the US of A

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
* Low sulfur on-highway diesel prices at the U.S. level are being provided for a short period of time because of the small and diminishing number of outlets selling low sulfur diesel. The U.S. price of LSD may be discontinued without advanced notice when the number of outlets at the U.S. level is too small to estimate an accurate price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg