Big Oil Spy Shots

bullridin_fool

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i'll take back my comment on where they get there oil,i don't know where i came up with that one as you are correct on the location. what the hell was i thinkin. it was late and i was tired that's my excuse:dunno :)

however the filter in a hydraulic system is usually on th return side, not on the pressure side, no different than this. the last i knew gear pumps last a long long time. the way you talk about them shaving pieces of metal i doubt they would last to long. is it possible, YES, but is there a filter after the stock hpop? what happens when a steel shaving comes off the stock hpop wouldn't that go through the injectors? i would think so unless i missed something, must be the stock hpop is bulletproof. any time you rub two pieces of metal together at a fast rate of speed your going to get wear in the form of metal pieces coming off, even with the best lube. :2c

i "believe" there was some testing done once upon a time that concluded that the lube pump could supply more than enough oil for lube and feed a set of dual pump's. if this is true and the pumps for some reason sucked the res. dry, ya could alway's run another oil feed to the res.

bullridin_fool

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i had a bit of trouble with it flatlining at 3500psi, come to find out the check valves in the lines going to the heads were restricting flow. i removed them and all seems to be good. i went to the track yesterday. 1/10th mile(don't ask) i averaged 8.3@68mph, my best was 8.04@???. the speed reader messed up but i'm guessing very close to 70mph. that was on my last run but i blew the tranny so i didn't get to try again but i did win. i really wanted to be in the 7's. this weekend i will be changing my oil and having it tested. so we'll see what happens with that, other than that all is good.

bullridin_fool

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it's a local track built in the middle of a farm. back in the 50's when it was origanally(sp) built it was 1/4 mile, as the cars got faster, the shutdown lanes were getting to be to short so they dropped it to 1/8th. the track went dormant until 2000 when it got reopened, over the years part of the shut down lanes got turned back into farm land so they're running it as 1/10th of a mile until they can get enough money raised up to repave it and turn it back into an 1/8th. they did put in a new starting strip this spring though. hey it cost $15 to run all day, usually 10am to around 4pm and it's 6 miles from my house, i can't go wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14