black trucks.....swirls and scratches

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
the techwax is good. but dont be fooled (and dont get me wrong, i like meguiars) it doesnt remove the scratches/swirls, it fills them. once you wash the truck theyll come right back.

theres nothing you can spray on your truck to protect the finish. theres the 3m clear chip guard film, but that stuf is a huge pain in the ass. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO IT YOURSELF!

as far as inexperience with an electric buffer, yes you can burn the paint and the only way to fix that is to repaint it. the technical way it removes scratches is it heats up the clear and cause it to "level out" if you heat it to much youll burn it (turns white, forever) hand buffing works but isnt as fast or effective cause you cant move your hands at 1400 rpms.

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
the only wax i personaly use is meguiars gold glass. its just my personal preference.

there are alot of myths about car care, and alot of ignorant (not stupid, just misinformed) people that spread these myths. in no way am i saying this is being done here, but just be careful what you read anywhere.

feel free to pm me with specific questions, or maybe an admin can make a forum about detailing if its a big enough subject. id be willing to mod it.

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a forum on detailing. Blane, how does techwax compare to gold glass?

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
most of your name brand waxes are all the same. some are easier to apply/remove but the overall result is pretty much the same. ive just used the gold glass since before the techwax came out. but yea id buy the techwax again. liquid waxes are always easier to work with.

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought techwax at Walmart for $13.24 including tax. I plan on trying it tomorrow.

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
I don't know if its too late to post this... but I just had my boat detailed, the guy did a 2 step system which ended with a wax that I don't remember the name of... I will go down to the shop monday and find out what the name of it is and buy a bottle....

the body and paint(gelcoat) guy has been doin the job for 30 years and really trust him and his work... he guarantees me that if I dry the boat with a real shammy(sp) the coat will last over 5 years and never show a swirl... He also said he uses the stuff on his vehicles, and I'm gonna try it too.... once I get the name of it I'll post it for you...

my 2001 Supra wakeboard boat which is blue and white, looks like its brand new... no exaggeration...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64