Question Block heater

beast1

Bart
Reaction score
I was wondering how hard is a block heater kit is to install? I have a ford f 250 2002 and wanting to purchase and install one on my truck. Is there a site that sells them? Does anyone have a picture where it hooks up? Thanks for any answers.........Bart

beast1

Bart
Reaction score
I went to the link like you said IHC POWER. I was reading a reply that DAVEBEN said "all engines have block heaters but not a cord" Is this true? does any one know? my truck is 2002 f250 7.3 diesel so does that mean all i need is a cord? Any input????? thanks Bart

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
Ive heard that before too. It is possible you do have it. The cord (if its never been touched) is tucked all up inside the bumper. You can look for the element in the oil cooler. It is threaded into the oil cooler header and will have a funny looking 3 pin electrical socket on it if its there.
Ken

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Dont know if this helps, but i didnt know i had a block heater until i worked its way out from behind the front fascia.

BIGMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2007 and it had a heater with no cord mine was on the back part of the block by the starter. Picked up a cord on E-Bay for under 20

beast1

Bart
Reaction score
Good morning DaveBen! I was reading you comment and I went and looked for it and I could not find nothing. It is very hard to see right over the starter. But I look for a cable up in the bumper area and found nothing. I will try to get someone else to look at it that knows more what to look for. Thanks again!!!! Bart

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14