Question Block heater

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey beast I too have a 2002 F250. Face your truck. Look where your hook is on the drivers side. You'll find your cord running in the cable wrap that your fog/driving lights hook to. Probably tucked down behind the light. May have to dig a little to find it.

Stick your hand down in the tow hook hole. It's there.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Good morning DaveBen! I was reading you comment and I went and looked for it and I could not find nothing. It is very hard to see right over the starter. But I look for a cable up in the bumper area and found nothing. I will try to get someone else to look at it that knows more what to look for. Thanks again!!!! Bart

WHAT DO YOU DRIVE??? Fill out your signature.

Dave

beast1

Bart
Reaction score
Clint, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I went out there and looked and guess what? there it was!!! just like you said wrapped to the fog light wiring harness. Now I am ready for the cold weather next year!! lol thanks again for your comment and pics!!! Bart...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clint, THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I went out there and looked and guess what? there it was!!! just like you said wrapped to the fog light wiring harness. Now I am ready for the cold weather next year!! lol thanks again for your comment and pics!!! Bart...

no prob! Glad to see you found it! Probably saved you a pretty penny huh?

Not that I have any "juice" here on SDD.. but the above is what it's all about.

ANYTHING we can share, or help each other out with.. that saves us a couple, or Big bucks.. has got to be.. A Good thing :cool:;tu

Justa thought.

beast1

Bart
Reaction score
You said it Big Joe!! never knew i had one on my truck. I was talking to another guy @ work he said he didn't know he had one either. He has a 03 f250, so when i found mine i called him told him where mine was. He looked behind his driver side fog light and it wasn't there. Then he looked behind passenger fog look and BAM there it was!!!!! Thanks again to all the support, information and pics it saved me and him big $$$$$$$$. BART..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the stock block heaters on the Superduty 7.3s go bad at all?

Very Rarely, the heating element... but the cords get weathered, plug-in prongs are prone to melting the plug.

JMO but the Melting issues are usually caused by using a To Light a Duty/To Long an extension cord.

12 gauge minimum, 10 gauge is BEST (?), cut to a length that reaches from the 110v source... to the PSD. ( and No Longer.. if possible)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14