Can't understand these young people..

FX4DUDE

Diesel Die Hard
Reaction score
We took a trip Redding-Lassen Park-Mineral-Red Bluff-Redding.
We saw numerous 4x4 mini-trucks, with dried mud up past the windows. It seems that the young kids think it is a badge of courage to drive their trucks caked with mud, hardly able to see out the windows.
On the other hand, I make it a ritual, when I arrive home from a trip, to get my cleaning kit out and clean the vehicle of bugs, road tar, mud etc. It takes about 45 minutes, and vehicle is ready to go again, and nice and clean.
Also, seems that the young kids like to tear up the vehicle jumping mud holes. This tells me that either dad bought the truck, or someone gave it to them. If they had to pay for it, they would not want to tear it up.
I guess it is the generation of no respect. No respect for people or things.
Not all kids are like this, many are very responsible. I blame the parents for not giving them an attitude adjustment.

I'm 23, and you could eat off the floor of my truck 24/7 365. It is 4wd and hasn't left the highway. The 7 trucks before it didn't either.

There are a few of us that take care of our stuff. :cowboy:

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
ahhh come on guyz

most people get reid of their trucks before 200k anyways, i still have mine at 259k, just cuz some of us like to off road a lil bit doesnt mean that we tear up stuff or dont take care of it, its just fun:D :thumbs

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
The Jeep in the pics I posted has somewhere around 170k on it. I bought it with 70k on it, and the last 100k have been about as hard of miles as anyone can put on a vehicle. Stuff breaks, but that's part of the game. It's also not my daily driver anymore so if I break it, all I gotta do is get it back on the trailer now.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I'm 26 years old, and take my truck out in the mud from time to time, usually pulling someone out, and it gets VERY dirty. However, you can ask people on here from NTxPSA, such as Bartman, and ScarletNape, they have NEVER seen my truck look dirty. I take very good care of it, it is my daily driver, but that doesn't mean I can't have some fun with it as well. The only problem I have with it is, blowing hot side boost tubes, but that's not from wheelin' or playin around.

It may be few and far between but there are some of us young guys out here, that break the mold, and take very good care of our trucks.:cowboy:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 26 years old, and take my truck out in the mud from time to time, usually pulling someone out, and it gets VERY dirty. However, you can ask people on here from NTxPSA, such as Bartman, and ScarletNape, they have NEVER seen my truck look dirty. I take very good care of it, it is my daily driver, but that doesn't mean I can't have some fun with it as well. The only problem I have with it is, blowing hot side boost tubes, but that's not from wheelin' or playin around.

It may be few and far between but there are some of us young guys out here, that break the mold, and take very good care of our trucks.:cowboy:

Yep,,, and it sounds like you are one of ones who take very good care of your truck.:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58