Can't understand these young people..

97PowerSmokerIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol reminds me of a friend of mine, i dont go mudding with him but i do get a good laugh when i have to take one of my fords out to pull out his Dodge:tongue2 never fails he always calls and is like where are you? and Second Question do you have your straps and chains, lol

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
lol reminds me of a friend of mine, i dont go mudding with him but i do get a good laugh when i have to take one of my fords out to pull out his Dodge:tongue2 never fails he always calls and is like where are you? and Second Question do you have your straps and chains, lol

Same here usually a 99 F 250 pulls out my buddy and we give him crap every time. One time we forgot to lock the pintle down, and the chain slipped off and smacked across his hood and windshield. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao He was PISSED, but what do you expect, we had to go and pull him out late at night.

97PowerSmokerIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love pullin out them 1/2 tons with my PSD get them on dry ground and just keep goin while looking out the back window seeing the brake lights on there truck:sweet

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what kind of money tree you have at your disposal but mine produces singles and not very many of them. :dunno I can't afford to build a custom rig. If I had an extra $20K laying around for no particular reason then maybe I would. However, it is much cheaper and easier to repair or replace a busted u-joint, sheared output shaft or twisted driveshaft now and then than it is to dump $20K into something that I am going to have to do the same thing to eventually anyway. You can wheel and mud responsibly without breaking things. You just have to know the limitations of your abilities and you vehicles capabilities. Proper maintenance such a lubing joints of all sorts and changing fluids when required will insure longer lasting parts. :thumbs

I'm 32, I own my own house (a.k.a lease from the government), still paying on my truck and still love to play in the mud any chance I get! Sure it gets dirty. It's a freakin truck, not a vette. I take it hunting, camping, fishing and anything in between...again...it's a truck and that is why I bought it. The problem I see is people buying trucks when all they really needed is a car. I have seen several "pretty boy" trucks around that are all set up for having fun but they have never even seen anything less than pavement. THAT is what makes no sense to me. If someone wants to drive around with mud on their truck for a week, fine, it's not my paint so I could care less. However, there are a lot of times when i come back from a hunting or camping trip and I simply don't have the time nor the energy to put into cleaning my truck. So yeah, you will see me drive around with it all muddy until I have a chance to clean it. I could drive it through a car wash but that is not the way I prefer to clean my truck. I want it done by hand and I want it done by me.

Bye the way, I have never been given any vehicles. I bought my first motorcycle and car with paper route money and went up from there. But that doesn't mean I don't like to have fun!!! If I have to take my daily driver out and get'er a little dirty, the so be it. She'll clean up! :thumbs

If you only have one vehicle, then I would think that you would take extra care with it so that you do not have to walk to work. Later on in life, you will have the money to buy two, three, four, five or more vehicles and some of them can be made to do specific things, like playing in the mud. We are older, so we have seven vehicles, of which three are for general driving, and the others are for specific uses. When we were young and only had two vehicles, we took care of them because we did not want to walk to work.
When I was single and in my early twenties, I did hot rod my car,"1966 Ford Fairlane GT 427 engine" and spent many weekends fixing what I had broken on Friday night street racing. So I was young and foolish once also. If I had to do it over again, I probably would do the same thing. It was costly, but built memories that have lasted all these years. :doh:

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
mud mud and more mud!!!

:thumbs nothing againt anybody but whats wrong with mudding in a nice truck, dang life is short so have frun, im 26 and my wife 23 and i love to go muddin and we have a house and dogs etc live laff love!!!

man:sweet :sweet :thumbs

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mud was fun, the first couple times I did it, then it got old. Rocks are WAAAAY more fun.

Now your talking.... Two words...

MOAB UTAH

We are into the easy trails now...
Of course we enjoy just taking our 4x4 to see new and interesting sights.
Moab has something for everyone.
Hard core rocks, and nice fairly easy trails that have breath taking views.
jharvey needs to bring his cameras to Moab...
:thumbs

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
We were actually in Moab a couple weeks ago. We try to make it at least twice a year out there. It's not too hard when its only a 6 hour drive for us. We do some easy stuff, some hard stuff, but nothing TOO insane like Upper Helldorado or something.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics:
moabsep2007064.jpg

moabsep2007219.jpg

moabsep2007293.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members