Can't understand these young people..

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use is not abuse.

Some of us work hard and play harder. I've been working steadily and buying and fixing my own "toys" since I was 13 and had my first paper route. It took me 7 months to buy the bicycle I wanted, and I rode the snot outta it when I got it, but I maintained it. I continued riding it till I was almost 20, and replaced everything on it several times except the frame and forks. I sold it only to buy my first off road truck, which I still have 13 years later and I can go out in the yard and fire it up and drive it 500 miles to the trail, wheel the Rubicon Trail, and then drive it home... I guess it's all about what you buy your vehicles for- I sure didn't buy any of mine to let them sit in the driveway all waxed up shiny to impress my neighbors. ;)

Seems like a lot of you guys have special built rigs for the mud, and that is great, just like I have special built cars to drag race and road race.

I do not use my 660 hp 428SCJ Falcon to pull my 5th wheel and I do not use my F350 to drag race.
Soooo,,, if you have one vehicle, a wife and child, and one PSD, be conscientious, and take care of your vehicle. If you have a specially built mud vehicle, then fine, go out and have fun, and when it breaks, that is just part of owning a custom built vehicle. :smack
Is your comment on not impressing the neighbors a good excuse to not keep you vehicles clean? :nono:

97PowerSmokerIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

before the 4" Lift im srry couldnt resist Locker in the rear with 33X12.50 in Mud Tires......about 5 mins later i broke the back leaf springs in half when she got a little airborne:roflmao :roflmao this is the truck i consider my toy and the full size Broncos are completely set up for trails stock they come standard with a solid front Axle and 9"in LS in the back ive only had her stuck once and that was my fault....but i would never dream of puttin my F-250 through the kind of abuse i put this one through.

Last edited:

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
My truck is being paid for by ME!!! but i still can't help having a little fun.

check below in my signature...check out the mud hole i hit about halfway down of the first page.

Vegas250RR

GPS GURU!
Reaction score
I just made it through the first page of this thread, and I have to admit... I must be one of the younger members of this forum. but I did have my time in the mud. and I can say when I did it, I was driving a VW bug that I paid 600 for... and not my $30,000 truck. your all right, KIDS DON'T KNOW THE VALUE OF A DOLLAR.... that is until they have real bills to pay for instead of just car parts and gas... wait till they get a mortgage and kids... then they too will pass this "TORCH OF KNOWLEDGE"

97PowerSmokerIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Responsibility and Respect....lol something i knew little about until i signed a dotted line at a Naval Recruiting station......now its an everyday thing im 19 and have 30+ Marines under my medical supervision and if one misses a booster shot or Appt. its my ass gettin chewed.....no more excuses no if ands or buts....you just suck it up and admit your mistake.....for one thing young folks these days do lack overall respect and responsibility for just about everything but theres a select few of us who are responsible and mature beyond our years.....like i said before im 19 and im a combat medic and i have a whole squad relying on my medical knowledge and training to save there butts.....i do my job, and i do it without thinking about it.:D its no longer a game when the bullets start flying.

Victory

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have you guys watched EXTREME 4X4 on T.V. ?
They take purpose built vehicles and crawl up rocks and creeks. They normally break something, but that is what they do to have fun. Their vehicles are made just for that activity.
If you take your daily driver and jump hills, when it comes down, tie rods bend, bad things happen to the suspension, tires, wheels, etc.
Have you ever seen a female drive over a speed bump at 30 mph, and wonder why she needs a alignment, and her shocks need replacing.
The point I am trying to make is that it amazing to me to see people destroy their main means of transportation, when they could build something specific to have fun with.

I don't know what kind of money tree you have at your disposal but mine produces singles and not very many of them. :dunno I can't afford to build a custom rig. If I had an extra $20K laying around for no particular reason then maybe I would. However, it is much cheaper and easier to repair or replace a busted u-joint, sheared output shaft or twisted driveshaft now and then than it is to dump $20K into something that I am going to have to do the same thing to eventually anyway. You can wheel and mud responsibly without breaking things. You just have to know the limitations of your abilities and you vehicles capabilities. Proper maintenance such a lubing joints of all sorts and changing fluids when required will insure longer lasting parts. :thumbs

I'm 32, I own my own house (a.k.a lease from the government), still paying on my truck and still love to play in the mud any chance I get! Sure it gets dirty. It's a freakin truck, not a vette. I take it hunting, camping, fishing and anything in between...again...it's a truck and that is why I bought it. The problem I see is people buying trucks when all they really needed is a car. I have seen several "pretty boy" trucks around that are all set up for having fun but they have never even seen anything less than pavement. THAT is what makes no sense to me. If someone wants to drive around with mud on their truck for a week, fine, it's not my paint so I could care less. However, there are a lot of times when i come back from a hunting or camping trip and I simply don't have the time nor the energy to put into cleaning my truck. So yeah, you will see me drive around with it all muddy until I have a chance to clean it. I could drive it through a car wash but that is not the way I prefer to clean my truck. I want it done by hand and I want it done by me.

Bye the way, I have never been given any vehicles. I bought my first motorcycle and car with paper route money and went up from there. But that doesn't mean I don't like to have fun!!! If I have to take my daily driver out and get'er a little dirty, the so be it. She'll clean up! :thumbs

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
yea i understand how mommy and daddy kids get on everybodys nerves but if you have it you got to have fun this is my bro and my toy, ploenty of mud has seen it but we do clean it up alot

mom and dad didnt buy it but we sure do know how to break it and fix what ever we break:thumbs

Reaction score
Hmmm said this before and i'll say it again. Right now there is mud on the roof of my truck and on the tonneau cover. Why you ask cause it rained last night. To get to my machine at work yer gonna have to drive through mud. The truck made 35 bucks to drive to work everyday so mud or not i gotta drive it to work. Or walk in and carry my stuff which is not gonna happen. There is a reason they sale these trucks with a switch that says 4x4. There is only one name on my truck loan.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I will say this one of my buddies has never had anything handed down to him, but he still tears his stuff up. He likes to trash his truck and everything and gets pissed at me becuse I won't go muddin with him. Well I don't want to spend wasted hours cleaning the underside of my truck or break anything, but he has a chebby and every time he goes off road there is something wrong with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58