Can't understand these young people..

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep;

As you get older, you normally appreciate, and take care of things more. When you are young, some like to tear things up.
To me it is a issue of responsibility. I can see if you build a vehicle to do a specific thing, "like run in the mud", but what I see is people destroying their only transportation. That is not being responsible. Now when I was 16, I would race my only car, break something and then spend all the money I had to fix it. So that was not very responsible. It did not take me long to come to the conclusion that what I was doing was not very smart. So now, if I want to race, I do it in a car that I have built for that purpose. If it breaks, no problem, I just fix it when I have the time.
All you guys that like to run your trucks in the mud, I bet you are 25 years old or younger. Am I right?
When you reach 30 years old, most guys have a wife, children and responsibilities, and pursue hobbies that are less destructive.
I guess I am just an old fuddy-duddy.
For you youngsters, that means "an old, out of date guy".

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being a Fuddy-Duddy. I was all most the oldest one at the rally, last weekend, but I had fun with the young guys & Gals

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn kids nowadays... first they have mud on their trucks, next thing you know, they're runnin' thru your yard...

A couple of months ago, two teenagers ran their datsun pickup onto some neighbors yards and tore up four or five lawns. They got stuck, and a very mad woman had them cornered until the police arrived. If it was my son, I would have him planting grass one blade at a time. He would have to be on his knees, because his butt would be to sore to sit on.

Another issue is more dumb teenagers were knocking down mail boxes, so after the fifth mail box that I replaced, I had a special 1/4 inch thick steal box with a 1/4 inch thick steel post put in. No more problems.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being a Fuddy-Duddy. I was all most the oldest one at the rally, last weekend, but I had fun with the young guys & Gals
that sounds more like you're a dirty old man...

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I guess I fall into both world's of this discussion. I keep my road rides clean but have to have a truck to go romp in the mud with. The people that go off road where they don't have permission and tear things up give all trucks a bad name. I belong to a off-road club that does all kinds of things for the community just to help the sport of offroading.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I fall into both world's of this discussion. I keep my road rides clean but have to have a truck to go romp in the mud with. The people that go off road where they don't have permission and tear things up give all trucks a bad name. I belong to a off-road club that does all kinds of things for the community just to help the sport of offroading.

That my friend is being responsible. Good job...:thumbs

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score

what he said :D

My Wheeling rigs get washed every time it rains whether they need it or not...or if they'll be a magazine or TV camera crew at any event I'm going to ;)

When I had the time, I'd wheel every night of the week and washing the truck just wasn't practical at 10PM and then being at work at 0700 and doing it again that night, so I drove around for weeks with mud on the truck and only the mirrors and a few key windows clean for safe visibility... When wheelin' is a way of life, if it's not in you, you won't understand ;)

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I just want to say that not every kid that has had things handed to them....doesn't care....my parents bought most of my truck for me and the only reason they did was because they knew that i was capable of being responsible with it....it has never seen the mud....and hopefully never will....that is not saying that i would't want to go mudding....i just don't want to take the only truck I have through the wear and tear....

i can understand both sides here...but to me you can't be mad at the generation of KIDS for taking what mommy and daddy handed to them and having a "fun...who gives a sh!t if it breaks" time with it.......

its the generation of PARENTS that are letting them do it.....you can't blame the kid for not saying...."Mom, Dad you really shouldn't buy me this because im probably going to burn the tires off, drive the piss out of it, take it through the mud, and whatever i feel like doing with it.... because you really don't have a clue about how to raise me to be a responsible young man."

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to say that not every kid that has had things handed to them....doesn't care....my parents bought most of my truck for me and the only reason they did was because they knew that i was capable of being responsible with it....it has never seen the mud....and hopefully never will....that is not saying that i would't want to go mudding....i just don't want to take the only truck I have through the wear and tear....

i can understand both sides here...but to me you can't be mad at the generation of KIDS for taking what mommy and daddy handed to them and having a "fun...who gives a sh!t if it breaks" time with it.......

its the generation of PARENTS that are letting them do it.....you can't blame the kid for not saying...."Mom, Dad you really shouldn't buy me this because im probably going to burn the tires off, drive the piss out of it, take it through the mud, and whatever i feel like doing with it.... because you really don't have a clue about how to raise me to be a responsible young man."

You make some good points here, but when a person gets to the age to have a license and own a vehicle, that person should be able to make decisions for themselves. At what point does the kid stop blaming daddy for their misconduct and immaturity. I have seen brats come from good homes, and well adjusted young adults come from bad homes. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions.
Part of the problem in America, is that people blame others for their mistakes.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
You make some good points here, but when a person gets to the age to have a license and own a vehicle, that person should be able to make decisions for themselves. At what point does the kid stop blaming daddy for their misconduct and immaturity. I have seen brats come from good homes, and well adjusted young adults come from bad homes. Everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions.
Part of the problem in America, is that people blame others for their mistakes.

I can't disagree with you there.....my point is not what your saying because your right about making decisions....but on the other hand there are parents out there that allow these kinds of actions from day one...thats what im saying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58