CB Installation

madkaw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any pics of your CB installation? I'd like to get some ideas before I start drilling holes.
:sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Nothing real special on our install just a couple screws into the bottom of the trash bag hook thingy:sweet

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
It ain't pretty but I wanted a location that I could reach without taking my eyes off the road.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I made a wooden box out of some scrap lumber, put it on the floor in front of the seat, ran the coax under the kick panel, scuff plate and behind the B-pillar molding, and out the door opening to a magnet mount antenna.

Took me about ten minutes once I had the box nailed together

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a wooden box out of some scrap lumber, put it on the floor in front of the seat, ran the coax under the kick panel, scuff plate and behind the B-pillar molding, and out the door opening to a magnet mount antenna.

Took me about ten minutes once I had the box nailed together

This is similar to what I did except I replaced the center seat cushion with the box (have the 6sp so the floor wouldn't work). The wires run under the driver's seat through a grommet and directly to the battery. My antennas are mounted on the mirrors and the cable is ran the same way as the wires. Looks good, but I think the antennas are hurting me a little. Works fine though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58