CB Installation

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Sometimes it's just the right combination of words that'll get those results:)

There's no shortage of CB and Amateur radio operators on board so ask away anytime:sweet

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's kind of a crappy pic of the mount I fabbed up. It's bolted to the framework of the -20- portion of my front seat and was rather simple to make since it's only one piece of creatively-bent sheetmetal with a bunch of holes for the speaker to fire through. That didn't work so well and I ended up buying a cheapie external speaker from Radio Shack that works great and only cost $20 or so. The CB is attached to the mount with some heavy-duty Velcro since I wanted to be able to remove it easily in case I needed to clean out the interior for whatever reason.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a slightly better pic I took this morning that shows how I bent the sheetmetal to make the CB mount and how it's bolted to the seat support bracketry.

Yes, I know it's dirty, but I haven't had the time to really clean the interior of my truck in a while...:rolleyes:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Jvencius, Looks good to me. Just as long as it does what you want it to. I got a $20.00 hump mount from a CB shop and like it real well. It's easy to get in and out to clean under it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64