CB Installation

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mirrors?

This is similar to what I did except I replaced the center seat cushion with the box (have the 6sp so the floor wouldn't work). The wires run under the driver's seat through a grommet and directly to the battery. My antennas are mounted on the mirrors and the cable is ran the same way as the wires. Looks good, but I think the antennas are hurting me a little. Works fine though.

how did you do the mirror mounts?...........was thinking I might have to make up some custom (aluminum) brackets...second choice was a K40 mag-mount.....have had good luck with them in the past-popcorn

CHPMustang

Reaction score
how did you do the mirror mounts?...........was thinking I might have to make up some custom (aluminum) brackets...second choice was a K40 mag-mount.....have had good luck with them in the past-popcorn
Regular aluminum mirror mounts work just fine,you may only need longer bolts to secure the brackets to the oversized mirror arms.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep..........and I am jealous. lol :D

Tbar

i saw ron's set up multiple times in the flesh...its even more
impressive in person...but MAN the set up/work is EXTENSIVE...
sep. battery (tray & isolation) under the truck and all !

good guy...im sure he'd share any info / details he has !

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
i have a cobra 29 LCD classic with 2 5' firestix that i haven't installed yet, but i don't know much about the SWR'S and what not. i have an SWR meter, just don't know what to look for. what kind of swr's should i be looking for and how do i set the swr's. just thought i would ask. thanks

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
run a single antenna.you wont get the SWRs down where they should be with dual antennas unless they are at least 9 feet apart.you can put the 2nd antenna on and use it as a dummy.but you want you SWR as low as it can go.flat is perfect but anything under 1.5-1 is fine.to adjust it you need to move the whip up or down and see what the meter says.check it on ch.1,20 and 40.turn your mic gain down and key the mic.just deadkey it no need to talk and see what the SWR is.if you moved the whip up and the SWR went up move the whip down.go to www.cbradiotalk.com .they have tons of info on setting the SWR

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
ohhhh. cool. yeah i planned on using only one of the antennas and using the other for a dummy antenna. my brother used the same exact setup and i don't think he ever got out more than like 10-15 miles. maybe that's why he wasn't getting out very far. thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58