CB radio & antenna mounting

CHPMustang

Reaction score
powerboatr said:
alrighty
went back to radidio shack and returned the magnetic ant. it seemed to want to deprat everytime a 18 wheeler passed us or we passed it.
so i got a mirror arm mount 4 foot monster, need a swf meter now to tune it in....
but my problem is when i transmit , my satelitte radio drops all sound ntil i release the trigger. only does it in sat. mode the cd and fm radio work fine.
the two ant. are about 6 feet away from each other?:dunno :dunno
The only two magnetic mounts I know of that'll hold at freeway speeds will be the Wilson 1000/5000 and K40.

I used to have the same issue with the XM reception till I moved the XM patch antenna from the front to the rear above the third brake lamp,no more audio dropouts:sweet

The thin wire that goes to the patch antenna isn't shielded for beans so if you can route the CB antenna coax and antenna far from the XM antenna/wire routing that may help.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
The only two magnetic mounts I know of that'll hold at freeway speeds will be the Wilson 1000/5000 and K40.

I used to have the same issue with the XM reception till I moved the XM patch antenna from the front to the rear above the third brake lamp,no more audio dropouts:sweet

The thin wire that goes to the patch antenna isn't shielded for beans so if you can route the CB antenna coax and antenna far from the XM antenna/wire routing that may help.

that last sentence, yep the two wires run very close to each other under the dash. matter of fact I know the coax makes a shrp turn very near the wire, i geuss maybe the installer and i will have to fix it :D
thanks
bill

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Robert if you get jammed up or have other questions,you have my number,feel free to give me a ring:sweet

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:

thats wierd no problems with my wilsons and XMs. on the 95 the XM wire and the cb coax both come out of the 3rd brake light.the XM antenna is about 6 inches or less away from the CB antenna.

on the 94 the cab coax comes out of a hole that was already in the roof and the XM antenna comes out of the 3rd brake light.the XM antenna is about 8 inches away from the cb antenna on this truck

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
but i do kill the FM radio and the FM radio in cars next to me on the highway.:D can hear me clear as day over an FM radio

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Another thing to consider interference wise is are you running the stock stereo or an aftermarket deck which I think Rich has a Pioneer in his truck.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
I have a cobra 29NW and a K40 steel whip with a mag. mount, i love the fact that the top comes off so i can fit in the garage easily, the two work outstanding together.

Neal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64