CCV Thought

JRJ04

Reaction score
built my own for a lot less.

so i noticed on your captions that you were going to monitor it. has it been working for you? are you getting too much oil on your filter from it? this seems like a great alternative to just running a vent tube out to the atmosphere. i dont like the idea of getting all that nasty blowby all over my truck. have you noticed any nasty smell from it inside your cab?

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nasty smell you WILL get but I haven't ever gotten any nasty blow by on my truck. I don't recall ever seeing a drop of oil on my driveway from my CCV tube...but, I do HATE the smell!!!!!! Wish it could be run into the exhaust with out causing problems but it can't so I guess I'll have to live with the smell.

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my filter cover gets washed with simple green every month or 2..the filter its self gets washed and oiled when I change the oil..the cover gets kind of dark but not bad..most of the oil is trapped in the ccv filter..I don't get any smell..the delo 400 doesn't have a strong odder any way's....as far as running a 15 foot hose out to the back..you got to make sure there is no sag for oil to collect..the oil collecting in the pipe can plug the hose and you will start blowing seals and orings out of the motor...if you have a slight little sag in your hose and its cold.. it can collect as it freezes in there making it plug up tight..this is why it should be strait down to the ground like IH has it..that way it always flows out of the hose and the heat from the motor will keep it from freezing up when your driving....running it into the exhaust will put positive pressure in the crank..test have been done on a lot of different ways of doing it..they all came back with positive pressure under WOT runs..

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I actually like the glass/polycarbonate resevoir,it's a nice clean setup,I'll probably order one for the truck:) Thanks for the thread LonestarBronco;tu

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That trap is for compressed air. It will have a lot of back pressure. Shop air is over 125 psi.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl