CCV Thought

dmd

Reaction score
Built my own for about $30.00 and it vents both side of the engine, and after it separates the gases from the oil, the gases vent back into the factory location.
works well.

This sounds interesting, no smell..

Is it like the aircraft filter just inline with the factory pipes? I was thinking
of a bean can sized unit inline and just drain back down the intake
pipe. Maybe make it out of one of the small aliminum canisters from
auto A/C units. Not sure how effective it would be, so have never done it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds interesting, no smell..

Is it like the aircraft filter just inline with the factory pipes? I was thinking
of a bean can sized unit inline and just drain back down the intake
pipe. Maybe make it out of one of the small aliminum canisters from
auto A/C units. Not sure how effective it would be, so have never done it.

I kinda sorta did something similar to what you speak to..

I didn't like the Racor CCV filter element design, or it's replacement cost so I S**t Canned it, cut 12 disks out of foam air filter material to fill the Racor canister.

CC vapors are still vented up thru the (Racor) canister (Bean Can) and into the OEM intake horn but the oil coalesces in the filter media and drains back into the VC... basically like the stock set-up, but MUCH, MUCH better. NO oil in the I/C tubes.. at all...none.

I wash'm up in soap & water at every othe oil change.

Kind of an expensive way to get better CCV control, but it worked for me.

Your "Bean Can" idea could be improved on.... fer cheap maybe ??

:dunno

Joe

dmd

Reaction score
If I still lived in Visalia I might want to look at your setup, TX is way to far
away now...

Cratos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used 3/4 heater hose and ran it out to the rear bumber :)

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally

I "installed" the AirWolf aviation air/oil seperator earlier this week. I say installed lightly because I hooked it up but have yet to mount it. Anyways, pictures:

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

I turned around the factory box that mounts on the valve cover and hooked plumbed the whole thing with 3/4" heater hose. Right now the drain for collected oil is nothing but a small clear tube hanging below the framerail and I have yet to figure out what I am going to hook up to the pressured air inlet of the seperator. I might just cap it off for now.

I've only driven the truck 50-60 miles around town since the installation and the oil temperature has yet to reach 170*, so I have yet to observe any oil collecting in the drain tube. I am hoping it eliminates this however:
vbpgimage.php

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14