Clutch goes to the floor

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my master cylinder go out on me on the road a few months ago. I changed it in the parts store parking lot with a Chilton's manual as a guide. I remember thinking the parts were kind of rinky-dink in their construction, the hose just sort of snapped on the master cylinder, don't think I needed much more than pliers in the way of tools.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. It looks to be just pushed in sort of in a quick disconnect manner so I think you are correct. Seems low-budget to me at best. I haven't performed any work in that area at all so I haven't hit it or bumped it so I guess it just vibrated off!?!?!? I snapped it back in but the pedal is still the same so I'm going to have to bleed it now. New master cylinder and slave cylinder coming tomorrow so I'm going to change them out anyways. 200K so it is probably time.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm busy as crap so I don't have time to devote the rest of my evening to the truck as I have many other vehicles to drive/ride but I just determined that there is a roll pin that retains the line coming from the slave cylinder into the bottom of the clutch master cylinder. It had vibrated over just enough to let the line drop out. It is on the side of the fitting closest to the firewall. Something to check every oil change I reckon.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the roll pin 3/4's of the way out and one o-ring. Picking up new parts at dealership tomorrow and I'll see what's on them factory fresh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58