Help Needed Clutch Problem Cant Move

chamillionaire66

Remember?
Reaction score
:dunno:cussing: I went offroading last night Got stuck in mud, and now i can't move anywere, when i press the clutch it stays half way down, it use to be hard pressing the peddle down, now its softish. i dont know what else to do. i feel like kicking my truck but what good is that gonna do!

PS: The clutch pedal already stayed half way down, but now its worse. Cuzz i cant shift into gear. I was thinking it needs Fluid in the master cyclinder, but i have no clue were that is!

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
What year is your Truck?...
1 of three things has happened

1: You've bent your Clutch Fork, Most likely if your truck is a 99-2002

2: Your Master/Slave cylinder is shot.

3: You've worn a spot through your pressure plate, not allowing you to engage your clutch.

# 2 is the only one you can fix without removing your tranny...

Your master cyl is on the fire wall drivers side, small round black ... holds about 3 oz.

Last edited:

chamillionaire66

Remember?
Reaction score
The Year is

3: You've worn a spot through your pressure plate, not allowing you to engage your clutch.

Your master cyl is on the fire wall drivers side, small round black ... holds about 3 oz.

chamillionaire66

Remember?
Reaction score
Bro thank you so much, guess what

i was checking fluids and on the Clutch Master Cylinder
all it needed was fluid, lmfao i feel so dumb!!! now i know what was wrong. lol thanks for your help

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I read the first post, my instincts suggested fluid in the clutch master cylinder. Glad to see that's what it was. My son has a 95 F150 5 Speed, and he has had problems with that. Earlier this year, he took our car out of town, and I drove his pickup for a day, and the master cylinder messed up while I was driving it. Sure was hard to shift it. The clutch had very little freedom. Barely start releasing it and it was engaged. Again, glad you got it going again.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58