Crap!!!!!!!

First Ford

Black Momba
Reaction score
Man, if it popped the gasket like that right in the middle of two cylenders.....I call that heads that were not perfectly flat! Did he mill em..... I cant think of any other reason!! Let us know WTF

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the head gasket or the cylinder walls?

Head.
Man, if it popped the gasket like that right in the middle of two cylenders.....I call that heads that were not perfectly flat! Did he mill em..... I cant think of any other reason!! Let us know WTF
I was thinking that my self. He said he has the heads at a shop now, so we will see.

This is the way my luck has been running lately. I have never seen it on a diesel but Gasser I have.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
X2... I know when my HG's went, the heads unded up slightly "warped" and had to be milled. Is it common practice to resurface or if they check out o.k. they leave them alone?

First Ford

Black Momba
Reaction score
You should always have your heads checked for flatness, and also have them magna-fluxed even if they had no symptoms to warrent the removel. I pulled my heads ''myself'' and installed studs and went threw the whole truck when I hit 140k miles. Truck was running like a champ with no problems at all. Did it for pice of mind as I pull a camper and dont want to get cought out of town with my pants down. When I picked up my heads from my guy he informed me that he had to cut .008 off to get em flat. It was well worth the 80 bucks! I know they are good to go! ALWAYS CHECK DEM HEADS!:rant :watchout

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill found a bad spot in the head that was missed. But it all together and running really good so we will see. He had the heads cut to true them up. I'm leaving early AM to go so I'm there mid. morning.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Bill found a bad spot in the head that was missed. But it all together and running really good so we will see. He had the heads cut to true them up. I'm leaving early AM to go so I'm there mid. morning.
Glad your up and running. Hopefully your bulletproof now for a long time to come. :sweet ;tu

dpantazis

Reaction score
You should always have your heads checked for flatness, and also have them magna-fluxed even if they had no symptoms to warrent the removel.

+

Bill found a bad spot in the head that was missed.

?????

if he checked them, and the shop that was supposed to mill them 'missed' a spot, its a half ashed milling job.

if he did not check them thoroughly enough and missed it the first time, its still a half ashed job.

either way, its an annoyance to you for the time and aggravation of not having your truck.

make all the 'freebies' he threw in kinda worthless dontcha think?

First Ford

Black Momba
Reaction score
Well one thing i would want to think is that im sure nothing was missed this time. I to dont understand how you could miss a spot if they were cut, i mean you could see clearly if while shaving if a spot has no new surface........I would think that step was simply skipped over. Anyway, its over...and if dogman is happy than thats all that counts! Good luck man!!

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read and heard alot about bill and his powerstrokehelp. The spot they missed is kinda the work they do from what i hear, some good and some bad guess its a hit or miss kinda shop.

Good luck with your truck glad to hear your up and running again!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58