Crap!!!!!!!

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read and heard alot about bill and his powerstrokehelp. The spot they missed is kinda the work they do from what i hear, some good and some bad guess its a hit or miss kinda shop.

I heard everything from he's "The Guy" to go to, to he's a moron so i guess it depends on ur experience with him. :dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your not going to believe this sh&t!! I got down to Macon and it popped the head AGAIN!!!!! I turned around and went back and ALL the shop guy came out to see why I was back. I showed them and Bill and they went nuts. Bills now pulling the motor and tearing it down and going to flux it and have it X-ray the block. The machinist was there and he told me the heads were presser tested and flux tested and other then a very small dip that was taken out in one pass they were fine. Bills now going building a motor for the truck. One of the guys showed me the old set of head gaskets and clear as day theres the blown spot pass side back to cycl. of the motor.

They put 140 miles on the truck before I picked it up, there was no problems. I get it and hook up the jeep and then it happens. It only happening when it towing something. I did pick up that the boost gage was dropping down from 29 to 30 pounds. Does the 04 have a over boost buzzer or something. I'm now wondering if theres a over boost problem. Guys what do you think?

My butt is trashed after a 1076 miles and 24 hours driving.
490 up, break down 96 miles back to bills then 490 home I really really HATE Atlanta traffic

A real fast way to know if your heads are blown. Look at the back of your degas bottle if the coolant is bubbling with the motor running then your heads are popped.

He does about 2 trucks a week with head problems. His guys said they have not had a truck with this kind of a problem in 5 years. Most of his work are guys with king ranch's that do this as a preventive head problems. He's done me fine other then not getting to the root of problem. I would not want to go thought this with a dealer off warranty.

Last edited:

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that really sucks.... At least he's standing behind his work.
Good luck to you hope it gets better for you, if it was me i would be about ready to burn the truck

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks, sounds like an overboost issue is a good possibility to me too - He's obviously not finding the root of ur problem - Even stock they don't pop hg without there being a causing problem like broken egr cooler or something.

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A real fast way to know if your heads are blown. Look at the back of your degas bottle if the coolant is bubbling with the motor running then your heads are popped.

Sorry for the ignorance, but what/where is the degas bottle?

Sucks to hear about your troubles, but you are right about not wanting to go through this with a dealer. Hopefully you get it sorted out soon. Are you basically going to have a completely rebuilt motor when it's all said and done?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the ignorance, but what/where is the degas bottle?

Sucks to hear about your troubles, but you are right about not wanting to go through this with a dealer. Hopefully you get it sorted out soon. Are you basically going to have a completely rebuilt motor when it's all said and done?

Yes looks to be that way on the motor.

Degas bottle, driver side up by the fire wall and hood. Clear plastic bottem with a black top haft with a twisty top in front. Should have gold color looking coolant in it.

Even stock they don't pop hg without there being a causing problem like broken egr cooler or something.
If I had the EGR and cooler but I dont.:D

Last edited:

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a look when I get home tonight. Is this the same as the overflow tank for the radiator, or are they two separate bottles?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58