Crap!!!!!!!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U got me then :dunno Were u running a tuner before?

Yes, but it was on econo tune and towing my jeep TJ this time. I dont have a power tune at all. This has to be a over-boost problem. Nothing else make any sence.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not heard from Bill all week and he's not calling me back. This bugs me.:dunno
I really need my truck back for work.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELLL. I'm up to my neck in this one. Motor has a crack in the cylinder so I'm having to get a newer motor. Bill has a motor with 24K on it witch is good for me because it 103K less then mine now. But now I have to come up with $3400 more bucks. Anybody want to loan me so cash? All I need is $3400...LOL

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
WELLL. I'm up to my neck in this one. Motor has a crack in the cylinder so I'm having to get a newer motor. Bill has a motor with 24K on it witch is good for me because it 103K less then mine now. But now I have to come up with $3400 more bucks. Anybody want to loan me so cash? All I need is $3400...LOL
Dogman!!! Dude!!! You still have your sense of humor after all of this? You are a better man than me; I gotta hand it to you. There should be a Hardluck 6.0 government bailout fund. You would more than qualify for the funds to get you back on the road. I'm really sorry for the bad luck. Do you feel that Bill should have caught this crack the first time around?? :dunno Bob

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks bigtime - Did he give an explaination as to why he thinks it cracked cause i've never heard of that happening?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dogman!!! Dude!!! You still have your sense of humor after all of this? You are a better man than me; I gotta hand it to you. There should be a Hardluck 6.0 government bailout fund. You would more than qualify for the funds to get you back on the road. I'm really sorry for the bad luck. Do you feel that Bill should have caught this crack the first time around?? :dunno Bob

I have to have a sense of humor. Getting pissed off is not going to fix it. I'm still out of a truck and making payments so it's not a choice it has to be fixed. YES, I feel it should have been looked at it closer the second time it was up there. After studs were put in. There should have been flags thrown all around.
There are somethings that aren't making sense at all, see if you fallow me here. If there is a crack in the cylinder then there should be water in the oil, there was none. It was fine for 140 miles they drove it, was not till I was towing my jeep that the problem show up. The last set of heads gaskets showed the head was lifted and the track went to the water jacket. This problem could be as dumb as the torck wrench is not set right. The truck has had 3 sets in of head gaskets in 2 years one being from the dealer two from bill.

Bill is doing what I feel is right but there should be a little more. The last trip up there cost me 300 in fuel witch 100 of that is in my truck that wont be there when I go to leave. Because of there testing on the truck.

Maybe, I'm venting to much and not looking at this right, I dont know.
Would someone stick a fork in me and trun me over I think I'm done on one side.
:dunno

Last edited:

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Next year you'll be enjoying your truck and laughing about all this. It's going to be hard for a fellow Powerstroker to top this set of events!! Hang in there Dogman. Bob

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hang in there man, sometimes everything seems to go to sh** at once but once its over like fordoor said, you'll be laughing about it later on :)

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dogman

Hang in there X2 - but you don't need me saying that.

These are pretty complicated engines, you make an educated guess what the problem is - most times you get it right, sometimes you f*%k it up. None of us have ever got it right the first time all the time. I'd hate to be the guy that makes a living at that job. You sent it to an expert, best thing you could do, but you still get the short end of the stick. Bottom line, you probably had the cyl crack for a long time, how many magnaflux the block when you think head gasket? Now its discovered. The 6.0 ain't the first engine that had a cracked block. Best of luck with the next one, I'm sure you'll have better luck. At least you won't have to tell your mama you drive a dodge!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58