Dead 7.3

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my stroke started overheating a couple days ago with no visable leaks. I finally caught the leak in the act ad saw it spraying out of the cap. The parts department ended up reccomending me buy a new cap, the motor still overheated but didn't spray out of the cap. Anyway long story short the service department just called me and said the motor is dead. Honestly I didn't catch all he said, all I heard was excessive blow-by and $8k motor.

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just called the shop back and the only answer he would give me is, "there is excessive blow-by causing pressure in the cooling system". This mean anything to anyone?
Thanks!

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
I just called the shop back and the only answer he would give me is, "there is excessive blow-by causing pressure in the cooling system". This mean anything to anyone?
Thanks!

Blow by will not pressurize the cooling system. Bad head gaskets or cracked heads will pressurize the system.

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that works for a dealer and he said that a long block for a 7.3 is only 1700 bucks dealers cost. Just repeating what I heard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14